Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

1 minute ago, ChipDerby said:

Wally West is far and away the more known Flash in the comics. Aquaman is a main member. Wonder Woman is a main member.

The most popular versions of Wally West were damn near interchangeable from Barry Allen. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Wally West is far and away the more known Flash in the comics. Aquaman is a main member. Wonder Woman is a main member.

So your argument boils down to replacing Batman with Batgirl, which nobody has ever implied, and replacing Superman with Supergirl (who technically has the exact same powers as Superman).

They could easily replace Ezra if they needed to with a Wally West. 

Wally West was the Flash for an entire generation, but ever since the comics made the decision of bringing back Barry Allen, Wally has basically been pushed to the background. At this point, Barry is much more well known among the general public. 

I always used to get pumped whenever I would see a new post in this thread; now it's like a 3:00 AM phone call- you hope for the best, but...

To those who know a thing or two about film production, money concerns aside, would it even be possible at this stage to film a new actor in Miller's place without having to bring back the whole cast, or would that be the equivalent of a two hour Cavill's mustache fiasco?

2 minutes ago, A Star is Orm said:

I always used to get pumped whenever I would see a new post in this thread; now it's like a 3:00 AM phone call- you hope for the best, but...

To those who know a thing or two about film production, money concerns aside, would it even be possible at this stage to film a new actor in Miller's place without having to bring back the whole cast, or would that be the equivalent of a two hour Cavill's mustache fiasco?

That sounds like it would be a production nightmare, especially when Miller technically plays more than one character. 

9 minutes ago, A Star is Orm said:

Army of the Dead did swap out Chris D'Elia with Tig Notaro via CGI wizardry and green screens, but I don't believe that was a big lead role like with The Flash. I'm assuming they'll just keep Miller in the final product and just hope they don't do anything else bad.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't be surprised if WB leaked this to get people off their backs, they force Ezra into some treatment program and then just say since they are doing a lot better they'll give them a second chance. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eric the Hedgehog said:

Army of the Dead did swap out Chris D'Elia with Tig Notaro via CGI wizardry and green screens, but I don't believe that was a big lead role like with The Flash. I'm assuming they'll just keep Miller in the final product and just hope they don't do anything else bad.

It wasn’t a lead role, but it was still noticeable. They did the best they could, but it always seemed weird how Tig never shared the frame with anyone in close up, and when she did appear in the same frame it was a long shot that didn’t look quite right. What Ridley Scott pulled off with Christopher Plummer on All the Money in the World was far more seamless and impressive.

They aren’t going to recast Miller from this film though, not at this stage of production, at most I’d say they might tweak the ending, but even then I doubt they “Poochie” them.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Anyone in the real world is talking about Ezra Miller...

This too. Not making excuses for their behaviour, but it’s mostly just a thing on the Twitter outrage bubble. General audiences won’t know or care what Miller’s been up to unless it escalates further between now and next year, so it’s not like WB are going to replace them at significant cost to the studio when the film is already having test screenings.

Whether Miller continues as the Flash after this film is another thing, but either way, I hope they get the help that they need.

5 hours ago, A Star is Orm said:

The latter. There were whispers that Disney contemplated replacing Hammer in Death on the Nile but the movie was already finished and awaiting release and it would've been impossible getting the entire cast and crew back to shoot what would've basically been a whole new movie (he's in virtually the entire flick), resulting in even more money automatically down the drain. Obviously this is in post-production and more than a year from release but it would be a similar situation given that we're talking about the star here, so they'll just move forward and hope for the best and cross their fingers for no PR issues when it comes out.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

This too. Not making excuses for their behaviour, but it’s mostly just a thing on the Twitter outrage bubble.

Ezra Miller's imdb STARmeter went up 546 levels. He's ranked 36. So obviously some people are looking him up due to this. 

1 hour ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

The “Twitter bubble” argument is irrelevant. The point is that this is someone clearly unbalanced and who shouldn’t continue to be enabled/condoned by Hollywood. You don’t want to put a $100million franchise film into these hands, it’s a logistical nightmare 

Agreed plus can you imagine the press interviews lol honestly recasting would be easy imo you got a multiverse movie and plus I don't think Ezra has really caught on enough for people to be like "OMG NO HE HAS TO STAY HE'S WHO I ENVISION AS BARRY ALLEN" 

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I still say they should’ve stuck with the November release date. I don’t buy that they needed more time in post. 

They're not releasing Black Adam weeks apart. That's horrible business protocol. Once Black Adam needed to move, they really had no choice but to punt Flash. They could have moved to December but Shazam there makes sense since it's more "low-risk" vs Avatar and Mario, etc. 

6 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

They're not releasing Black Adam weeks apart. That's horrible business protocol. Once Black Adam needed to move, they really had no choice but to punt Flash. They could have moved to December but Shazam there makes sense since it's more "low-risk" vs Avatar and Mario, etc. 

Frankly, I don’t think Black Adam needed to move either. I’m fine with Shazam 2 moving to December, but I think the only DC movie that needed to be pushed back was Aquaman 2. 

On 4/6/2022 at 1:29 PM, ban1o said:

I wouldn't be surprised if WB leaked this to get people off their backs, they force Ezra into some treatment program and then just say since they are doing a lot better they'll give them a second chance. 

So they'll flush hundreds of millions of dollars down the drain just to get people off their backs?