Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

2 hours ago, poweranimals said:

Then why have I seen it in theaters?

I don't know, where have you seen it in theaters?  Please identify your general global location -- perhaps they sent it to theaters in certain countries, but not in the US, that I know of! 

Edited by Macleod

15 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Why do people continue to act as if Ezra Miller is super famous? 95% of the world has never heard the name.

Not Me I hope they replace him with that actor from teen wolf series and maze runner.

Ezra needs to be gone from flash I think so positivity can comeback to the project

1 hour ago, JWR said:

If that THR report about them doing a full reboot is true, how does this not end up being a lame duck?

There's no clarity on any "full reboots" yet, I'm sure multiple scenarios are at play, just like the trades have indicated...wait until Gunn/Safran/Zaslav announce something...which may be a while. 

5 hours ago, Nero said:

Yes but it's precisely because they are going for reboot flash is necessary 

Exactly. I keep saying, why are people surprised by reboot reports? I thought it was common knowledge that that's what this Flash movie exists for. I know plans for a Flash movie have existed for awhile in many forms, but WB seem to have landed on the idea that the Flash movie could act as a tool to reboot the failed universe they seem to want to be rid of (like Fox did with X-Men: Days of Future Past).

I've thought of all the ways WB should appropriately handle this film:

1.  Don't spend too much on marketing. This movie's production costs are expensive enough as it is with the many delays and VFX and reshoots and high-profile actors. TV spots, toys, and a soundtrack are enough: nothing like Black Adam's ineffective global tour (I imagine Johnson's scheduling to promote that film was a factor as to why WB didn't move its release date earlier). 

2. Keep Miller out of the spotlight. Yes, it's jarring to not have the lead around to promote the film: but in this case, I think people will understand. If they must have the talk shows and press interviews and magazine shoots and red carpet photos: Keaton, Clemons, Calle, and whoever else can still work out. 

3. Don't put any sequel/future franchise bait in the film. None of us knows exactly how this film will end: but to avoid another Justice League (or any failed franchise film in general): just handle this as a complete story.  Treat it like Iron Man 3 or even Avengers: Endgame, where one can walk out of the film satisfied without needing to see more. [Personally, I'd have Barry sacrifice himself at the end like in the classic Crisis story, and keep him dead unlike Superman, but I don't know what the filmmakers nor the studio want.]

I also wish (if the studio was too ashamed to release it on its own) Batgirl could have been included on the Blu-ray as a special feature "bonus movie" (a practice that was common back in the 2000s e.g. Anchorman, The Darjeeling LimitedInglorious BasterdsWhere the Wild Things Are), but I suppose those days are over.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, efialtes76 said:

They won't replace him in The Flash.

Stop with the nonsense.

Wrong HR and other trades said dudes deleted.  I believe HR and Variety have more credit than you posting its nonsense. Theres no trailers and no ones talking about Ezra being in the film for a reason.

This film may just be reshot or put as a loss.

The lead is definitely gone at this point..  Now it looks like they got two other actors in sight and one of them is the former  teen wolf star.

Sorry Efiates. Your actor made his bed now it looks like hes  Flash time is at an end. 

I definitely would have loved the TV flash actor get his shot at the new flash.  First 3 seasons of Flash were golden.

Edited by Sheldon Cr
Just updating
  • ...wtf 1

41 minutes ago, Sheldon Cr said:

Wrong HR and other trades said dudes deleted.  I believe HR and Variety have more credit than you posting its nonsense. Theres no trailers and no ones talking about Ezra being in the film for a reason.

This film may just be reshot or put as a loss.

The lead is definitely gone at this point..  Now it looks like they got two other actors in sight and one of them is the former  teen wolf star.

Sorry Efiates. Your actor made his bed now it looks like hes  Flash time is at an end. 

I definitely would have loved the TV flash actor get his shot at the new flash.  First 3 seasons of Flash were golden.

They can’t reshoot this film to replace Miller. Miller is playing the Flash here, end of story. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ken said:

Black Adam's ineffective global tour

Why do people keep saying this...?

It could have opened to $30m. on 1/1/2022, if someone had said that Black Adam will have an opening weekend exactly 50% as large as THE BATMAN, everyone would have agreed the marketing must have been excellent. 

$400m without China with a character with zero starting fanbase post covid isn't bad at all. People need to be reasonable with their assessment. WB obviously committed funds to the film before covid began too.

Edited by excel1
  • Like 1