Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

2 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

Best comic film of 2023 

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked. WB seems very confident in this film and insiders have had high praise for it. I don't think it will be a masterpiece, but it won't suck either...Marvel is having a quality crisis so this feels like the best time for DC to make a move  

1 hour ago, Verrows said:

Man, wouldn't this be a welcome twist for DC and Warner Bros. 

Now WB just has to market it right, which involves effort. Hopefully they're up to the task.

Certain parties excluded, there's really no "wrong" way to promote this movie.

I have no clue how this is going to do.

There is a high-potential scenario where mass curiosity for The Flash - a very well known character in his own right - equated to a $100m+ opening on his own, then add in curiosity behind Batman + the return of a once very popular and HIGHLY CINEMATIC version of the character for added boost. If this somehow scores 90+ on RT, I could see a truly huge $140-150m type of breakout for it. 

We'll see. 

• Like 3

This is the most excited I’ve been for a cbm in a long time. I’m looking forward to all the dc movies this year but besides Superman, Flash was always one of my other favourites. I’m just so curious to see this movie already. 

• Like 2

Raise your hand if you would kill for a chance to return to Burton's Gotham 🙋‍♂️

Raise your hand if you will ultra geek out if/when Elfman's music plays 🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️

Edited by excel1
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I wish it were someone besides Miller. It has to have universal acclaim for me to check this out in theatres. 

Likewise, I find Miller to be so unpalatable both as a person and as this character (the ADD way they play Barry is nauseating), that it’s not even on my radar of things I want to see right now. It’d have to get a reception similar to The Dark Knight for me to change my mind at this point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I wish it were someone besides Miller. It has to have universal acclaim for me to check this out in theatres. 

I’m sure there’s people who feel the same way. It will be interesting to see reactions to this cause apparently it’s tested extremely well. But will some critics let Millers real life behaviour influence their reviews. I’m not saying what’s right or wrong, just curious to see what happens. 

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Raise your hand if you would kill for a chance to return to Burton's Gotham 🙋‍♂️

Raise your hand if your hand if you will ultra geek out if/when Elfman's music plays 🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️

Prepare to be disappointed when they have little effect on the box office. The Burton films have been overshadowed by other Batman adaptations (particularly the Nolan Films) and the 18-34 crowd don’t care whatsoever about them 

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Prepare to be disappointed when they have little effect on the box office. The Burton films have been overshadowed by other Batman adaptations (particularly the Nolan Films) and the 18-34 crowd don’t care whatsoever about them 

Okay

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Well I'm in that age bracket and think Batman Returns is the greatest anything ever.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Do people over the age of 34 just not count anymore when counting dollars at the box office? I’d like all my money back if that’s the case. 

• Like 1