Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

I don’t think this will end up like Pirates 5, but I’m not expecting it to get raves all across the board. I think it’ll be fine from a critical standpoint, but it won’t be hailed as the TGM of the year. 

Edited by WittyUsername

7 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

you're really just posting through it, huh?

What are you talking about? Pointing out that reactions coming out of Cinemacon aren't reflective of any sort of actual critical or even audience consensus is totally fair.

Edited by SpiderByte

Someone where there’s a middle between Pirates 5 and TGM, and judging by reactions I think it’ll be in there. Seems like the CBM lovers will love it and it’ll satiate the GA. Guessing 70-85% on RT, and pencil me in for 95/280/670, and if hype and marketing kick off 300+/750+.

Edited by YM!

Funny that some people here are still in doubt, it's pretty clear that we will see one of the best WOM ever from a CBM, I doubt it will happen otherwise, very good (and reliable) sources say this, WB is showing months before it goes to cinemas, there's no doubt the reception this film will get.

1 hour ago, Saul Goodman said:

True but that's what the marketing for this has been since start of the year. Looks like WB learnt nothing from the MoS/BvS-SS 2016 era that it can backfire easily too.

People who work for WB saying that a film made by the company they work for is good is not marketing.

25 minutes ago, Ohana said:

I'm so happy Wonder Woman is in it after all (and hoping Michelle Pfeiffer has a cameo as well.)

https://deadline.com/2023/04/the-flash-cinemacon-screening-theater-owners-react-ezra-miller-1235337350/

Ehh what?? Is this a spoiler?? 

15 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Interesting to note that the Deadline article also cites a $200m budget for The Flash. I'm sure it's north of that, but maybe not quite $300m?

People like to exaggerate things, we have no idea what the budget is and probably will never know the exact amount. People are using any and every excuse to make it seem like this movie is so important cause it “costs” so much. It’s obvious the reason WB is doing what they’re doing for this movie is cause they truly think they have something special. We’ll see if people agree with them in June. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Interesting to note that the Deadline article also cites a $200m budget for The Flash. I'm sure it's north of that, but maybe not quite $300m?

Yeh I didn’t ever expect it to be $300m. WB will release the number for the press to go with in the week of release. 

Entire plot leaked. Sounds dope. 

I feel dumb for not realizing the 

Spoiler

potential emotional potency of a story-line centering on Flash trying to prevent the death of his Mom/incarceration of his Dad and having to team up with orphan (s) who spent their life deluding themselves into thinking that fighting crime would bring their murdered parents back (Batman). The desire for a relationship with ones parents is such a primal emotion, pretty easy to see how this one will end and why it will hit many in the feels. 

Edited by excel1

Usual caution: For Geek/Nerd genre films, the early reaction is almost always really favorable becuase those are the people who go to  these early sceenings,.. let's wait and see what the more mainstream writers have to say.

I think the goal is a 75% RT score or higher. But DC already got what they wanted. They trended all day yesterday with the trailer + screening. Then they got multiple pull quotes essentially agreeing with their best cbm ever take. Now they have a ton of ammo to market the film in late May

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

There´s someone here that really gets hurt everytime someone points out something bad about MCU but it´s only posting negative things about this movie here since yesterday lol 

SpyderByte is still living in 2016-2019 when Marvel DC fanboys' rivalry was actual.

• Like 1