Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

On 5/31/2023 at 6:15 AM, Gavin Feng said:

Different case. Tom Cruise didn’t get arrested for any of his misconduct. He has tried really hard not to let his personal life go public after jumping the couch, but many people especially female group still feel uncomfortable with him due to many reasons beyond the fact you mentioned. Ezra Miller kept staying in public view. Majors caused less damage at this point.

A better example might be Mark Wahlberg. Multiple hate crimes and violent behavior swept under the rug. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, 21C said:

Trades were also reporting a 190 million-200 million budget for Black Adam back when it came out, it was only until months later it was discovered it was closer to 250 million.

True, but that doesn't mean The Flash suffered from the same fate. From the reports currently available Flash seemed like it had a trouble free production. Other than the ending, has there been any reports of extensive reshoots? Because the one thing I keep seeing on the bird app is that Flash went through a lot of reshoots with nothing to back it up. 

Black Adam had mix test screenings and there were already reports of extensive reshoots before the movie came out.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

It almost feels like some of the folks here want this to fail 🙂 It did not even have a long production window. Pre Production went for years as they went through different directors. but it never came close to getting into production until this team got on board. 

And we all know who those people here are not naming names but its pretty obvious who it is 👀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, vinny2487 said:

True, but that doesn't mean The Flash suffered from the same fate. From the reports currently available Flash seemed like it had a trouble free production. Other than the ending, has there been any reports of extensive reshoots? Because the one thing I keep seeing on the bird app is that Flash went through a lot of reshoots with nothing to back it up. 

Black Adam had mix test screenings and there were already reports of extensive reshoots before the movie came out.  

Idk man. The Batman cost 200 million dollars and that movie relied on VFX and big action scenes waaaay less than this film. The Flash also got delayed multiple times because of the intense VFX required, and had 18 months of post-production. And even from the trailers alone it's hard to wrap my head around the idea the budget in any way came under 200 million; it genuinely does not make any sense especially compared to other films of a similar scale. To me this just sounds like WBD putting out a BS number so the opening weekend projections don't look as bad in comparison. 

Edited by 21C

28 minutes ago, 21C said:

Idk man. The Batman cost 200 million dollars and that movie relied on VFX and big action scenes waaaay less than this film. The Flash also got delayed multiple times because of the intense VFX required, and had 18 months of post-production. And even from the trailers alone it's hard to wrap my head around the idea the budget in any way came under 200 million; it genuinely does not make any sense especially compared to other films of a similar scale. To me this just sounds like WBD putting out a BS number so the opening weekend projections don't look as bad in comparison. 

Lmao so much conspiracy theory bullshit.

This thread is a nuclear wasteland of bad takes 

• Like 8

I don't think it's that unlikely that the budget for this is only ard 200M. The only big star is like Keaton. Maybe batfleck cost a bunch too. Supergirl is cheap. I don't think Ezra commanded a huge salary for this. It's not like practical effects are necessarily cheap in regards to batman.

I think 190M is probably on the low side but yea maybe in between the 2 reported numbers at 200-205 or so.

19 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Still can’t book tickets unfortunately, Cineworld are the only UK chain to still not have tickets on sale, with no good reason provided. 

Will openly admit that I may be out of my depth here, but ... Did some spot checking, and finding CW in UK doesn't seem to have tickets on sale for Indiana Jones either? And even Transformers only runs through the opening weekend?

Also found this news article:

Final court approval of the bankruptcy restructuring is scheduled for 12 June.

If I didn't know any better, sure looks they're setting up to cease UK operations on 6/12 ...

• Astonished 1

7 hours ago, JustLurking said:

I don't think it's that unlikely that the budget for this is only ard 200M. The only big star is like Keaton. Maybe batfleck cost a bunch too. Supergirl is cheap. I don't think Ezra commanded a huge salary for this. It's not like practical effects are necessarily cheap in regards to batman.

I think 190M is probably on the low side but yea maybe in between the 2 reported numbers at 200-205 or so.

from 280 to 220 to 190M, trades are working hard for WB to prevent the narrative of The Flash flopping lol

• Knock It Off 4

20 hours ago, 21C said:

Trades were also reporting a 190 million-200 million budget for Black Adam back when it came out, it was only until months later it was discovered it was closer to 250 million.

I wouldn’t say it was “discovered”, only one trade reported anything over $200M, everyone else still maintained the former reported budget. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Willowra said:

from 280 to 220 to 190M, trades are working hard for WB to prevent the narrative of The Flash flopping lol

Can you provide a  link to a trade that said the budget was 280m ? I may have missed it before so I’d love to read the article and I’m

searching on Google and can’t find it. And please don’t link me stuff to twitter from mytimetoshine or fandomwire or some site that is just using made up numbers. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Notthereverseflash24 said:

Is there any reliable source for this 

Yes. They initially reshot the ending last Fall to include Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot in a group shot at the end, and they reportedly reshot the ending again after Gunn took over. I won’t give away what the final ending reportedly is, but I’m inclined to believe it’s true. 

10 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Can you provide a  link to a trade that said the budget was 280m ? I may have missed it before so I’d love to read the article and I’m

searching on Google and can’t find it. And please don’t link me stuff to twitter from mytimetoshine or fandomwire or some site that is just using made up numbers. 

After a quick Google check, the only thing I've seen is a ResetEra thread from August 2022 that cites a (now deleted) tweet, and was subsequently locked because the source was dubious. No one else has anything about a $280 million figure, and I'm willing to guess Witty's claim is based on that same dubious tweet.

Edited by Optimum
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Optimum said:

After a quick Google check, the only thing I've seen is a ResetEra thread from August 2022 that cites a (now deleted) tweet, and was subsequently locked because the source was dubious. No one else has anything about a $280 million figure, and I'm willing to guess Witty's claim is based on that same dubious tweet.

Ya i saw articles citing that loser MTTS number of 330m lol but couldn’t find a trade article for 280m. Reddit is another trash place. 

4 minutes ago, Optimum said:

I never said anything about the budget being $280 million for this. I just said that the ending was reshot a couple of times. I didn’t get that from any ResetEra thread. No way I would ever go near that hellhole. 

15 minutes ago, cax16 said:

ViewerAnon: I’ve heard THE FLASH’s actual budget is closer to $300 million than $200 million. It’s not getting canceled or scrapped to be reshot.

He deleted this tweet.

9 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Yes. They initially reshot the ending last Fall to include Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot in a group shot at the end, and they reportedly reshot the ending again after Gunn took over. I won’t give away what the final ending reportedly is, but I’m inclined to believe it’s true. 

Wasn’t that just an after credit scene (that is now changed anyways?)?That’s not really the end of the movie, correct me if I’m wrong though please.