Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

47 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Indiana Jones will open decently and take away screens. Weird to see people just wave it away like it’s nothing

Presales for Indy doesn’t even look that far from Flash, and Indy should be way less previews heavy than Flash … i think they’ll open about the same, maybe even a bit higher.

And the reviews doesn’t matter for WOM, the reviews are all complaining about the film being just a safe fun adventure, that could be more than enough to please audiences, especially OS since Indy is a very big deal in many foreign countries 

I do think neither of these movies will reach it’s full potential tho, but i could easily see Indy ended up being the “winner” if WOM is good.

30 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Sad, almost every mixed or negative review says that there's lots of promise or the movie almost pulls its conceit off, but it wallows in cheap nostalgia too much. That's exactly what doesn't excite me about modern CBMs, so I hope I feel differently once I watch it.

26 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It’s only polarizing on US tbh, even the reviews are pretty much amazing in every country but US (it won Venice afterall) 

Yes, pretty much and it's not even all that divisive in the U.S. either.  It's a loud minority.  I'm not sure if posters outside of the U.S. realize this but the political discourse in the United States is so broken and fractured that nearly everything, every song, every movie, every commercial, etc. has folks picking sides and even trying to find something political in things that aren't meant to be. 

For those who live outside of the U.S.,  it's actually quite exhausting to discuss almost any form of entertainment or even sports because there's all sorts of jockeying for some sort of political position going on everywhere you look.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

2/5 from The Telegraph, 8.5/10 from The Star

I'm absolutely expecting this to settle in the low to mid 60s. I've seen several mixed-negative reviews that still need to be uploaded to RT.

Comparing among 60%+ movie, I still think the movie is a step-up from Aquaman. I saw the "unfinalized" version of the movie during fan screening, I would say this movie isn't really far worse than GOTG3.

The only part I don't understand after watching the movie is that all the plot-twist drama behind the scene at WB, only for this ordinary good crowdpleaser.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

It’s only polarizing on US tbh, even the reviews are pretty much amazing in every country but US (it won Venice afterall) 

I'm going based on rt which is in the 60% and with metacritic which is in the 50s. It is a polarizing movie leaning to positive.  It would be disgenuine to label it mos level of divisive.

1 minute ago, saicoltrane said:

I'm going based on rt which is in the 60% and with metacritic which is in the 50s. It is a polarizing movie leaning to positive.  It would be disgenuine to label it mos level of divisive.

RT and MC is almost entirely based on US reception which is exactly what i said … foreign it wasn’t divisive at all, and as we all know ~70% of Joker huge box office came from OS.

Joker is  one of the well recieved CBMs . Just look across all audience rating platforms.

Personally it's a 7 for me but you can't deny it's very well recieved and no where near divisive among audiences.

It was divisive among critics and don't get me started . Found some of the discourse around it weird . Watched the movie that weekend and just kept on asking what all the fuss was about.

Edited by Liiviig 1998

1 minute ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Wait joker was divisive!!!. It's one of the well recieved CBMs . Just look across all audience rating platforms.

Personally it's a 7 for me but you can't deny it's very well recieved and no where near divisive among audiences.

It was divisive among critics and don't get me started . Found some of the discourse around it weird . Watched the movie that weekend and just kept on asking what all the fuss was about.

B+ Cinemascore is bad for a CBM, but fine for what the film was. 

Won a bunch of awards,  was nominated for 11 Oscars, was nominated at the SAGs, was nominated at the directors and producers guild, won the golden lion,  has some of the highest audience scores across imdb and other platforms,  had good legs in the U.S.,  had crazy legs overseas... 

How is Joker divisive?  It's pretty only some U.S. critics and I don't want to go down that rabbit hole again about political discourse.  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Joker was divisive domestically. DOM numbers are tied with Aquaman for lowest for a 1B CBM. And Aquaman had the task of rebuilding lost goodwill for the DCEU after JL + a far less popular character.

Joker  had 3.4* legs some of the best for a CBM .

Ok, Yesterday I was worried about people saying that the negative reviews from the critics of this movie were for Ezra's behavior, but today I've only gone to read the negative reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, and out of 22 negative reviews that are there ONLY TWO cite Ezra's questionable behaviors in their negative reviews, so really, people are being extremely dramatic on this thing, don't be fooled by the online herd effect, the massive majority of the negative reviews for the film are not for Ezra's behavior 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Joker  had 3.4* legs some of the best for a CBM .

And this was after a huge breakout opening weekend.