Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

2 hours ago, poncho said:

americans are so weird, grade B for this movie is so absurd...

Not really an American thing. Outside of a couple of Asian countries most audience scores are weak.

Even in China where the audience scores are strong it is only looking at maybe 14-15M for its opening.

Most European countries it is doing poorly in. It is largely crashing in South Korea where it started soft and has now been overtaken by Elemental. Not doing very well in South America either.

Potential $125M total take for its start is a disaster. Sub-300 WW final is possible.

If that happens you could argue it would have been better financially never to release it as they would have likely spent more in marketing costs than what the studio gets back from the viewings. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Batman seems to be one of the more consistently liked things about this movie. If only they had shot amother movie with Keatons Batman and several other high profile actors too 

Yeah if they had brought back Keaton, Pfeiffer, maybe cameos from DeVito and Nicholson (as nightmare versions of the Penguin and the Joker) and set it actually in the Burtonverse it would have been far more successful. I know a bunch of people who love Keaton's Batman but avoided this because it looked like a CGI mess.

I caught this movie this last night in some very comfortable reclining seats at my local AMC. 

Glad to say, The Scientologist was right.

Considering the untenable circumstances and online chatter about this film, This is surprising one of the BEST comic book movies ever made. 

It's unfortunate due to the Ezra Miller's and The DC Brand's reputation that this movie isn't getting the recognition that It deserves. Way Better than SpiderVerse and surprisingly better than Guardians 3, which is the best Marvel movie since Endgame

My only grief with it is that Ezra Miller runs like nimrod trying to swim and that some of these broad daylight action scenes looks so Computer Generated that it almost took me out of the movie. 

Edited by The GOAT
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

I can't get excited about Gunn's DCU, if a Flash movie with Batman fails to capture the public's attention, it means the problem is with DC and not the DCEU universe. The failure of this movie is one of the most disheartening things about this industry, because it's a genuinely good movie. DC should go on hiatuses and only release Batman/Matt Reeves and Joker movies, because whenever they try to create something similar to the MCU it doesn't get critical or public support, people don't want to see DC being successful like Marvel

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, poncho said:

I can't get excited about Gunn's DCU, if a Flash movie with Batman fails to capture the public's attention, it means the problem is with DC and not the DCEU universe. The failure of this movie is one of the most disheartening things about this industry, because it's a genuinely good movie. DC should go on hiatuses and only release Batman/Matt Reeves and Joker movies, because whenever they try to create something similar to the MCU it doesn't get critical or public support, people don't want to see DC being successful like Marvel

The Problem is never DC,you have to know Batman and Superman are two most popular superhero across the globe,the problem is DCEU continuous made the bad movie and hurt the entire reputation of the franchise,that’s the core fact.

Flash probably good but it needs to pay for other terrible DCEU movie. 

• Like 2