Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

18 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

WOW, that's early af. Maybe the reviews will indeed be better than some of the more mixed reactions led us to believe? Or maybe this is an adjusted play after soft presales. Either way, get excited.  

Feels like what happened with GotGV3. Which... Bodes well for Flash.

With how confident they seem to be in the movie this “should” be in the 85-90 range though I don’t expect that to happen. I hope they didn’t misplay their hand here with reviews, curious to see how much if any backlash against Ezra there are in reviews. 

I hear the rumors around the early screenings intentionally left out scenes not just post credit ones but also ones in 3rd act impacting the flow. IFF that were true, I am not sure it was worthwhile screening that early. They could have waiting until 6th and screened actual movie(post credit scenes do not matter). Anyway we will know in a week's time if that is true. 

Edited by keysersoze123

10 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I hear the rumors around the early screenings intentionally left out scenes not just post credit ones but also ones in 3rd act impacting the flow. IFF that were true, I am not sure it was worthwhile screening that early. They could have waiting until 6th and screened actual movie(post credit scenes do not matter). Anyway we will know in a week's time if that is true. 

I wonder if WB is going to forgo the traditional press tour with this movie. I haven't seen any of the main actors do actual press. Apparently Sasha Calle did one yesterday but no one has posted a video of it. Maybe WB is doing all of the fan screenings in lieu of a traditional press tour? 

4 minutes ago, vinny2487 said:

I wonder if WB is going to forgo the traditional press tour with this movie. I haven't seen any of the main actors do actual press. Apparently Sasha Calle did one yesterday but no one has posted a video of it. Maybe WB is doing all of the fan screenings in lieu of a traditional press tour? 

Since late night talk shows are not there, I am not seeing any traditional press tour. I could see interviews with some cast/director may be with some online sites like wrap or collider. I am not certain they help that much. Only time will tell. 

35 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

That seems like a really low bar for this.

I agree, I’m not a person who cares about reviews but this should get between 80-85 pretty easily if it’s the crowd pleaser it apparently is. Now if reviewers comment on Ezra and that hurts reviews well that’s a whole other storey but just on the movie alone I would expect a pretty high score cause they seem confident. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 3

Non-traditional press is actually good for this movie

Ezra couldn’t promote it and that would bring back all those histories back on topic during interviews etc 

Is easier to control the narrative working only with online pre-recorded press

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Now if reviewers comment on Ezra and that hurts reviews well that’s a whole other storey but just on the movie alone I would expect a pretty high score cause they seem confident. 

I keep forgetting about that factor. Given the way some critics responded to the Joker, it's a very real possibility. Granted, that was related to content from the movie but I could still see dislike for Ezra causing a bias.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I keep forgetting about that factor. Given the way some critics responded to the Joker, it's a very real possibility. Granted, that was related to content from the movie but I could still see dislike for Ezra causing a bias.

Ya I’m not gonna go back and  pick out some of the reactions from the early screenings but some of the more negative reactions were from people who didn’t like Ezra, which is their right to feel however they want but it’s just always been a factor in my head for reviews. 

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Since late night talk shows are not there, I am not seeing any traditional press tour. I could see interviews with some cast/director may be with some online sites like wrap or collider. I am not certain they help that much. Only time will tell. 

Send Ezra to Hot Wings and let him eat the spiciest of vegan wings. His reaction would probably be funny as hell.

• Haha 1