Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Lol.. once again, Mario is an IP and a fan driven film for families which therefore is going to defy critics

You're wrong on Mario and it's to you to accept that fact.  Maybe you'll be right on The Flash but for you to say "well it's families" doesn't mean anything,  there was hardly any nuclear families at my showing and everyone still loved Mario.  It is what it is.  

You and the other guy who I can't remember his name but are also wrong on Fast X.  It's not "diminishing returns" it's what the box office landscape is.  $700-$750M is elite box office drawing power in 2023.  Fewer films are reaching the one billion mark. 

20 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Critics often don't even align with general audiences.  If critics say it's "ok, whatever" pretty much what they said about Super Mario, the general audience could turn around and say "actually,  it's really awesome"  

People get too up and too down on RT score all the time.  Nobody is looking at Mario (or a lot of other movies if you don't like that example) and saying "yeah but it got 59% and ended up being rotten."   Nobody cares about that.  It was reviewed as an "ok" movie and audiences said it's fantastic.  

The scores aren’t even bad so far especially when you consider some of these reviews are harsher because of the Ezra Miller controversy. 
72% RT and 60 Metacritic.  Guardians 3 is 64 on Metacritic and was under 80% RT at the beginning. 

Pete Hammond at Deadline reviewed it and said: The hype is real. DC’s The Flash may not be the greatest comic book movie ever made, but it comes damn close. Easily the best in the genre since Spider-Man: No Way Home, this fresh, invigorating and hugely entertaining summer treat is as good as it gets when it comes to cinematic takes on superheroes.

I don’t think Tom Cruise, Stephen King and even James Gunn could be that far off or lie about how they feel about the movie
I have a feeling this will be very audience friendly and get an A Cinemascore at least.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

You're wrong on Mario and it's to you to accept that fact.  Maybe you'll be right on The Flash but for you to say "well it's families" doesn't mean anything,  there was hardly any nuclear families at my showing and everyone still loved Mario.  It is what it is.  

You and the other guy who I can't remember his name but are also wrong on Fast X.  It's not "diminishing returns" it's what the box office landscape is.  $700-$750M is elite box office drawing power in 2023.  Fewer films are reaching the one billion mark. 

Your point is that critics and audiences were misaligned on Fast X because Fast X got an 85% from audiences? 85% and B+ aren't good audience scores. 

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Critics often don't even align with general audiences.  If critics say it's "ok, whatever" pretty much what they said about Super Mario, the general audience could turn around and say "actually,  it's really awesome"  

People get too up and too down on RT score all the time.  Nobody is looking at Mario (or a lot of other movies if you don't like that example) and saying "yeah but it got 59% and ended up being rotten."   Nobody cares about that.  It was reviewed as an "ok" movie and audiences said it's fantastic.  

9 out of 10 biggest successes DOM last year was fresh on RT, 6 of them certified fresh 

7 out of 10 this year (and probably will grow to 8-9 by the end of this year) 

Some of you REALLY need to get over this stupid theory that critics hates popular things because this isn’t true, Mario was one of few exceptions that happens every year, not the rule. 

Especially because this argument usually comes from fans of panned franchises, which just screams your bias, something that you claimed it’s coming from critics

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 9

This month is proof that Embargo dates relative to their US release means nothing quality wise. All the major releases got their reviews pretty early and all got mixed to lukewarm reception except Spider-Verse which had a typical day before embargo and got raves. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Did I say "all" in my post?  Show me where I said "all" or "always" and you'd have a point.  Super Mario is 59% with critics and 95% with audiences. 

Fast X is 56% with critics and 85% with audiences.  

It happens. 

You said often, your definition of “often” is 10 to 20% of times? Ok then…

And Fast X get a B+ CinemaScore which pretty much align with the rotten score 

22 minutes ago, stephanos13 said:

Very objective reviews once again from critics.

They think they are "activists" pretending to be journalists.

But only the fans do "review bombing". LOL

There’s also major outlets saying Ezra is the best thing of the movie (quite a lot actually)

Get 2 or 3 examples of the opposite to explain a consensus of the movie is frankly laughable 

• Like 3

Anyway, expected reviews tbh 

Not bad, I think it will settle in the 70’s on RT since there was too many screenings that should avoid the common decline 

Just not great too to change anything about it’s presales or OW … but honestly this movie needs great WOM to succeed, and it can still have that so just wait and see 

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

There’s also major outlets saying Ezra is the best thing of the movie (quite a lot actually)

Get 2 or 3 examples of the opposite to explain a consensus of the movie is frankly laughable 

No these two are just stupid enough to reveal it in their review synopsis. Others are doing it without saying it.

I'm not saying this is the majority but to say it's not happening and it's the exception now this is laughable.

I am predicitng a 80 to 90 Million OW and probable final domestic gross in the 250 300 area. Warners will get it's money back on the film, but the profits will not be what they expected for the size of their investment.I also think it is clear that DC and Gunn are moving in a new direction, and this is no longer the huge relaunch film of the DCU it once was. That has been usurpec by "Superman"Legacy".

I also can help but thnk the sucess and acclaim for ATSV has stolen some of "The Flash"'s thunder.

• Like 1

That’s a solid consensus, considering fans won’t see “DC greatest hits” as being a negative. 

The good news is, it won’t have a green splat for the rest of its presale run, unlike Indiana Jones, or a barely fresh like Elemental, for which early screenings seemed to backfire. But I can’t imagine people who weren’t interested will change their minds. 

Edited by Krissykins

We have just had two cbm in a row get positive reviews, with one being one of best reviewed cbms of all time and now were back to critics CBM fatigue rubbish. Literally every movie the last two years that has had bad reviews in the genre, has also had the same consensus from the audience. Same with the movies that has gotten good or better reviews. Audiences have liked those.  It´s a quality issue. The only really outlier is the response to WF in some OS markets. The RT score for The Flash is fine right now, and it could very well go up like Vol 3 did closer to release. Many was dooming that movie saying it could go even rotten and it ended up in low 80´s. Hell even Mario almost ended up fresh in the end. Just think people draw conclusions way to fast and starts dooming everything.

Edited by thajdikt
  • Like 2

76.png

76.png

Mild uptick in the average to presumably cap the first day. Just baaarely under the treshold for green on MC and the certified fresh bar on RT. Not terrible, should at least survive from going rotten.

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That’s a solid consensus, considering fans won’t see “DC greatest hits” as being a negative. 

The good news is, it won’t have a green splat for the rest of its presale run, unlike Indiana Jones, or a barely fresh like Elemental, for which early screenings seemed to backfire. But I can’t imagine people who weren’t interested will change their minds. 

ANd that's the problem. With this film's budget it needs more the the Usual Suapects to get a decent return on the huge investment.The fans alone are not enough to make a film that is this expenseve the kind of hit Warners was hoping for.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

ANd that's the problem. With this film's budget it needs more the the Usual Suapects to get a decent return on the huge investment.The fans alone are not enough to make a film that is this expenseve the kind of hit Warners was hoping for.

$190m-$220m budget, profitability could be possible in the long run.