Eric Deetz

Twisters | Uni/WB | July 19, 2024 | A remake (?) to the 1996 classic

Twisters
Universal | NEW
Weekend Range: $60 – $75M

https://www.boxofficepro.com/weekend-preview-twisters-to-decimate-the-box-office-competition/

Is this site still relevant for BO prediction? I saw a few people saying bad things abt it and their number is bigger than Variety.... 

Edited by UnapologeticKenny
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, UnapologeticKenny said:

Twisters
Universal | NEW
Weekend Range: $60 – $75M

https://www.boxofficepro.com/weekend-preview-twisters-to-decimate-the-box-office-competition/

Is this site still relevant for BO prediction? I saw a few people saying bad things abt it and their number is bigger than Variety.... 

looking more like 55M based on this thread

• Like 1

Just got back from an IMAX showing and it delivers exactly what you’re expecting from a film called Twisters, and I mean that in a good way. Also, I must’ve seen a completely different film to the one that a poster in here saw when they claimed that it only has about “5 minutes of tornado action in the first hour and 45 mins”, there’s way more than that, I’d say it has pretty much double the amount of tornado scenes as the original had. The last 20 minutes is freaking great too.

I was pleased to see that it wasn’t just a straight remake too. It has small references  to the original (like Dorothy and competing tornado chasers) but the  characters and story as a whole is completely different.

If you liked Twister, you’ll like Twisters. It’s fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, vale9001 said:

🤣I think 9 americans of 10 on street would say who? or more than an half doesn't recognize the face.

I am addicted to websites where Powell is a god.  If he went up to me and started talking to me I feel safe saying I would have no idea who he is.

Really really enjoyed this!

It felt like a classic Spielberg-esque action film. Super good wholesome fun. The leads have great chemistry and the action is exciting and gripping.

Around the half way point the film really kicks into gear and had me grinning whlie gripping my seat for a good hour solid.

The only gripe I have is that although the first half is good, I wonder if there would have been an even better film if they had made some differences to the plot of the first hour.

Also I'm not a big country fan but the soundtrack is absolutely banging. Theres like 30 original songs.

Thoroughly recommend it, and recommend watching it on a big and loud screen.

This is THE summer blockbuster for this year.

also PSA: I've seen multiple people in this thread claim there is no action in this movie. These people either haven't watched it or are trolling. This movie is literally 2 straight hours of non stop tornado carnage, interspersed with some good character development. There are like 7+ different tornado sequences.

Edited by Avatree
  • Like 5

46 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Really really enjoyed this!

It felt like a classic Spielberg-esque action film. Super good wholesome fun. The leads have great chemistry and the action is exciting and gripping.

Around the half way point the film really kicks into gear and had me grinning whlie gripping my seat for a good hour solid.

The only gripe I have is that although the first half is good, I wonder if there would have been an even better film if they had made some differences to the plot of the first hour.

Also I'm not a big country fan but the soundtrack is absolutely banging. Theres like 30 original songs.

Thoroughly recommend it, and recommend watching it on a big and loud screen.

This is THE summer blockbuster for this year.

also PSA: I've seen multiple people in this thread claim there is no action in this movie. These people either haven't watched it or are trolling. This movie is literally 2 straight hours of non stop tornado carnage, interspersed with some good character development. There are like 7+ different tornado sequences.

Good to hear. Kind of what I was thinking on the no action claims. Most of the reviews have not said anything about lack of action. It feels like trolling or the whole not liking character dev in a action movie thing or something.

twister is literally my favorite movie of all time. i have seen it thousands of times (was OBSESSED) as a kid. 

this is fun, it’s own thing and the leads are soooo good. 

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

this movie was pretty good for a generic blockbuster , need to cast Daisy in more movies. The bad is the soundtrack is awful.

Agree about the soundtrack. The score is also very underwhelming