Eric the Marxist

Twisters | Uni/WB | July 19, 2024 | A remake (?) to the 1996 classic

5 hours ago, JimmyB said:

I think this is getting a B+ CinemaScore and the biggest complaint will be its boring.  Maybe, 5 mins of tornado action in the first 1 hour and 45 mins.  The tornado scenes are not very exciting.  I'll be shocked if that reported 200m budget is real.  The movie isnt epic and doesnt need to be seen on the biggest screen. 

I wouldn’t say it’s boring at all! Was on the edge of my seat most of the time. And to me it totally deserve to achieve some success! The opening scene is rather unexpected, in a good way, I was never bored even during the slower scenes and twister moments were really great. Definitely recommend.

Edited by Jacobhalkohit
  • Like 2

On 7/14/2024 at 10:11 AM, Firepower said:

Lots of big 2020s blockbusters look too cartoonish, sterile and fake, It's a widespread problem with some celebrated exceptions.

And the screenplays for way too many 2020 blockbuster are also cartoonish, sterile and fake.

• Like 3

On 7/14/2024 at 1:33 PM, Scubasteve716 said:

That's not how it works from my understanding. Universal is going to get more relatively domestic and less relatively foreign because of the distribution but it'll still get roughly 65% of foreign

And from what I understand there is some profit sharing between the two companies in joint relase deals like this.

Just watched it. Underwhelming. The first sequence put me in the mood right away but Glenn's "acting" is terrible here which took me out of it, don't know why they are trying to sell this as "his movie". David is not good either but he has no story at all so... whatever I guess (I didn't even know he was here until I noticed him in it lol - but it was bad).

The tornado scenes, Anthony and Daisy are the only good things I have to point out of this movie.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, UnapologeticKenny said:

Just watched it. Underwhelming. The first sequence put me in the mood right away but Glenn's "acting" is terrible here which took me out of it, don't know why they are trying to sell this as "his movie". David is not good either but he has no story at all so... whatever I guess (I didn't even know he was here until I noticed him in it lol - but it was bad).

The tornado scenes, Anthony and Daisy are the only good things I have to point out of this movie.

Show me on the doll where Glen Powell hurt you.

• Haha 4
  • ...wtf 1

17 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

After all the hype this will likely make Fall Guy numbers? Powell is a charming fella but too early to call him the next Tom Cruise.

Who tf is calling GP the young TC? That's crazy, he is not even close to young Josh Hartnett, let young Tom Cruise

9 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Reactions here seem super average, low 60s. Basically just another blockbuster. Don't think wom will be that great anywhere and most people will rather wait until September and watch it on stream.

A few early reactions here were average also for JW and many blockbusters. And, still, there are just a couple of reactions.

Meanwhile:
RT score: 84% and 7.4 after 55 reviews.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mad Max007 said:

After all the hype this will likely make Fall Guy numbers? Powell is a charming fella but too early to call him the next Tom Cruise.

Go look at the tracking thread. It's going to open possibly double what Fall Guy did maybe more if walkups come through.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

Who tf is calling GP the young TC? That's crazy, he is not even close to young Josh Hartnett, let young Tom Cruise

Everyone's passed Josh Hartnett already. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, excel1 said:

Buddy, he's already surpassed Hartnett.