movies!movies!

Bullet Train | Sony | August 5, 2022 | Brad Pitt and a bunch of other people

Hopefully the poster Grey Ghost is ok and planning there time off soon.

The bet is Bullet Train makes more than 40M domestic. If it goes over they are banned for a month and if it goes under I will be.

I think its 50/50 this bet is completed in OW so there is no suffering.

21 hours ago, Ronin46 said:

Hopefully the poster Grey Ghost is ok and planning there time off soon.

The bet is Bullet Train makes more than 40M domestic. If it goes over they are banned for a month and if it goes under I will be.

I think its 50/50 this bet is completed in OW so there is no suffering.

JSJSJS..Delusional. No one outside of this site thinks it will open at 40m. 

10 minutes ago, Jolie's lawyer said:

JSJSJS..Delusional. No one outside of this site thinks it will open at 40m. 

Its looking more likely than not at this stage. Hopefully you don't get banned for the 3rd time so you can come back and see it.

18 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Why does every movie these days need to have “early access screenings” now? It’s bad enough that Thursday “previews” are happening earlier and earlier. Studios shouldn’t be allowed to count these as part of a movie’s OW. 

So we can get all excited when we think the movies will have a 26 times previews for the weekend and project 100M opening off the back of a $2.1M Thursday. Then when we end up with a 5-7 multiplier only we can say its the death of the cinema going experience and its all back to streaming. Cant have anything in between. Its a feast or a famine and pretty much every weekend thread seems to follow this well worn path.

2 or 3pm previews and EA really is a pain in the ass though.

17 minutes ago, Nightmare00 said:

This movie won't hit 40m period. It will get bad reviews considering there are already who hated the tone of the movie and bad audiences score. Victorlodangeles from here literally put it at 27m💀and there's covid and monkeypox andddd whitewashing controversy. Plus pitt is hated in social media and also zero buzz.

https://twitter.com/jerryasleep/status/1554119106038620160?s=19

Is this your fifth account lmao

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Eric the Tank Engine said:

That weirdo's gonna make this a looooooooooooong weekend, huh?

The biggest red flag for the movie was when the runtime was announced as 2h 10min. The first trailer was amazing and gave a "really fun 90 minute movie with Pitt fighting through a train" energy. It feels like a lot of reviews will say "overstays it's welcome by 20-30 minutes".

2 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I think reviews are going to be all over the place. The Guy Ritchie-esque noxious dudebro humor is really offputting, but I still think it's going to explode this weekend. Will play well to audiences, I'm sure, who love this Deadpool type of action comedy

I'm hoping it's fun, a lot of things can be forgiven if a movie is a fun ride throughout.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

I'm hoping it's fun, a lot of things can be forgiven if a movie is a fun ride throughout.

I hate Guy Ritchie and Matt Vaughn, but I liked both Deadpool movies. Especially 2. And also enjoyed Hobbs and Shaw. I wish this was like 80 min, but Pitt in super star mode (he's better comedically) should be fun enough... I hope!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I hate Guy Ritchie and Matt Vaughn, but I liked both Deadpool movies. Especially 2. And also enjoyed Hobbs and Shaw. I wish this was like 80 min, but Pitt in super star mode (he's better comedically) should be fun enough... I hope!

Lock Stock, Snatch and Layer Cake rule.