Knights of Ren

The Acolyte: High Republic SW Disney+ Show, June 4th

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

Reveal hidden contents

3 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

I'm aware. She's on record talking about her fascination with Kreia from KOTOR 2, who's definitely up there as a good example of a villain who dispenses useful and hard truths to sugarcoat her more problematic and social Darwinian ideas 

They better not be adapting KOTOR here.

It needs to be a separate adaptation. KOTOR is definitely worthy of an adaptation all by itself. 

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

It needs to be a separate adaptation. KOTOR is definitely worthy of an adaptation all by itself. 

I doubt they’d actually do a direct adaptation of the video games, they’ve never done that before. I’d imagine that when they do touch the Old Republic time period, it’ll be a new storyline set within that timeframe rather than anything KOTOR 1 and 2 related.

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

I'm sure they're not 

The show runner is just a big fan of those things and you'll probably see some thematic influence 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 3:26 PM, Torontofan said:

This show is pretty meh 

6 hours ago, Torontofan said:

Seems very generic disney crap 

Meh or crap, make up your mind, because they mean pretty different things

• Like 2

Lee Jung-Jae is far and away the best part of the show so far. Seems like some good drama is being set up for him to work with too. Osha is a pretty fun character as well. On the flip side, the Mae performance is leaving a lot to be desired, although some of that admittedly might be a "you can write it, but you can't say it" situation.

• Like 2

Based on the first two episodes, this feels like it's either going to take us somewhere thoughtful and interesting and it'll have been worth hanging on through the rougher elements or it's going to go flying completely off the rails. It's definitely a bit messier than I would've hoped considering the talent both behind and in front of the screen.

• Like 2

On 6/7/2024 at 9:26 AM, Torontofan said:

This show is pretty meh but i dont get the vitrol against it online vs other meh disney star war shows lately. 

It’s not hard to understand.  The anti-woke crowd and bigots driving a lot of the hate here. 

Well it's fine . Definitely feels like Andor but with a lot left  to be desired and execution ain't the best.

Characters are fine but flat overall , nothing really sticks with you. Lee Jung is the only one I kind of like.

Action is solid but wish they would speed them up a little for immersion.They are points where it felt like a dance and you could definitely see the rehearsing.

Dialogue was sort of choppy too and the world feels so small and feels like everything is happening just on set and not within a wider universe. Jumps from scene to scene and just no sense of scale  or of where they are. It feels like Jedi puzzle quest(serviceable and predictable  at best )from scene to scene for the most part,                    where are other factions,political structure etc..

35 min episodes. Sigh. Disney + still doesn't know how to write and properly structure it's shows.

16 minutes ago, Porthos said:

A]. This episode is FUCKING FANTASTIC SO FAR

B]. Some people are gonna haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate it.

Wow.

All I have to say about that one.

Well, not quite

Spoiler

Blatantly obvious something happened between Mae starting the fire and Everybody's Dead Dave Osha. 

Just what that something was, is gonna be very interesting to find out, as there was a lotof dried kindling to be set ablaze there from more than one vector.  Don't think it's All The Jedi's Fault and I also don't think it was All Various Hot Headed Witches Fault either.

Might be one of those circumstances that once the ball got rolling (or rather, the match was lit) that things unraveled quickly.

Just a fantastic episode all the way around.  The acting level from the Twins?  Superb.  Actually having something to say? You betcha.  How some folks actually want to try for peace/make things better while others just want to lash out?

All dancing around an utter sense of dread and foreboding.

Yeah.  Brilliant episode.  Let's see if the momentum continues.

• Like 1

Another decent episode, I really like what it's aiming for but the execution here still feels somewhat off, something about the character interactions and the new worldbuilding is feeling forced and it's making it hard for me to completely immerse myself. 

As Porthos said this episode clearly didn't give the full picture of what happened so I'm curious if the events will be shown from a different perspective later in the show.

Spoiler

Really doubt Mae fire caused that, something definitely happened btn the Jedi and the witches,

How osha and Mae being created by mother was just weird to me at first. Will see where it goes but sith dark magic is my thought  which would be interesting.

Wouldn't count out sith machinations  in this episode too.

Something definitely saved Mae .

Colour me intrigued. Better episode . They are definitely some eye brow raising moments and the Mae character definitely feels more unlikable but there is more to this than meets the eye. Some things are remaining hidden .

How much the future episodes payoff will determine if this episode and master torbin scene in episode 2 are made better or age like milk.