Eric Quinn

The Book of Boba Fett | December 29, 2021 | Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen star

2 hours ago, Elessar said:

Can't muster up any enthusiasm for this show. Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett is such a bore. Maybe they should have stuck to him being a side character...

Or maybe they should have held him for General Rex 👀👀👀

This was speculated during the marketing lead up, but there was a very nice (and super super SUPER) Deep Cut in the latest episode of TBOBF:

From ANH Deleted Scene [Luke, Fixer, Camie, and Biggs at Tosche Station]:

FIVGZC-UUAA35YX.jpg

2022 TBOBF:

Book-of-Boba-Fett-Camie-Fixer.jpg

No big deal was made of it.  Just One of Those Things.  

The likeness is damned uncanny as well, especially in the case of Camie.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 5

The first real complete episode, and the threads are starting to come together.

Though I do have one question...

Spoiler

How does someone stay THAT pale on Tatooine? YiBe40t.png

Edited by Porthos

Not to sound like a broken record, but you have a brothel owned by Jessica Baels Twi’Lek that’s exploiting BOTH GENDERS OF HOW TWI’LEKS INSTEAD OF JUST THE FEMMES , and like, They actually expect me to care about anything else?!? 

Where Is SHE?! and where is the hot Twi’Lek boy?

Spoiler

Real talk:

Who approved the 1990s Power Rangers and decided to give them back to the future speed racers? Because it was a terrible decision. Nothing about their aesthetics fits in with this world or story. Maybe you could’ve gotten away with that if you had set the story on Coruscant, I would’ve bought them  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cap said:

Hide contents

Real talk:

Who approved the 1990s Power Rangers and decided to give them back to the future speed racers? Because it was a terrible decision. Nothing about their aesthetics fits in with this world or story. Maybe you could’ve gotten away with that if you had set the story on Coruscant, I would’ve bought them  

Real talk back:

Spoiler

I actually liked that aspect of them. :lol: 

Already making some Head Canon that they from some other planet and just dropped onto Tatooine like some clueless newbs trying to take over someone else's turf and quickly got in over their heads.

Then again, I've always had something of a soft spot for late 80s/early 90s kitsch cyberpunk.

• Thanks 1

Episode was ok. Don’t know if I should completely place the blame on Robert Rodriguez, but I haven’t really liked his style in Star Wars. There was some good though.

Spoiler

Finally an episode focused on the present, and they utilized the flashbacks pretty well. Also no way Black Krranstan is gone like that, right? He’s gotta be teaming with Boba later on. I’m very much looking forward to Rancor riding Boba

The chase scene was not good lol. The biker gang in general felt out of place. The fight with Boba and Black was weird.

The best thing about this episode was that it finally pushed the present story forward.

Not really a connection to The Bad Batch, but something of a parallel:

Spoiler

FI45XjcWQAAJ9cF?format=jpg&name=medium

FI45YPZXoAE-sdR?format=jpg&name=small

More than likely a coincidence, but an amusing one nonetheless.

(Holiday Special, meanwhile, most definitely got a shoutout, I noticed. :ph34r:)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

This episode was joke. Sorry but it looked like parody. Robert Rodriguez needs to leave Star Wars. He is butchering the essence of Star Wars.

There is certain quality to Star Wars which was missing in this show and it's becoming more apparent. 

2 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

This episode was joke. Sorry but it looked like parody. Robert Rodriguez needs to leave Star Wars. He is butchering the essence of Star Wars.

There is certain quality to Star Wars which was missing in this show and it's becoming more apparent. 

I agree he's not a good fit for SW, but I still like this show and even this episode