cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

30 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Unless marketing for this really steps up I don't think a sub-$20M opening would really shock anyone at this point. WB has done more for Dune 2 and that comes out 2.5 months after this does.

Haunted Mansion OW > Blue Beetle dom might be on the cards

• Astonished 1

Yeah I'm pretty surprised marketing has been completely quiet for this even now that it's been a while since flash.

Maybe WB decided to just count their losses and abandon this, but then why even say it's the first DCU character? Just inviting bad press when it bombs out.

• Like 2

For Sure, they should have released this on Max, I see very low interest from anyone in seeing this, the movie looks cheap and the story also looks like something we have seen 100 times in movies by now (Kid finds alien device that gives him superpowers, etc.).

I can see it bombing very easily.

Edited by Belakor
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 2

3 hours ago, Belakor said:

For Sure, they should have released this on Max, I see very low interest from anyone in seeing this, the movie looks cheap and the story also looks like something we have seen 100 times in movies by now (Kid finds alien device that gives him superpowers, etc.).

I can see it bombing very easily.

What's amazing is this probably is much cheaper than Flash, so with some effort it could probably make it's budget back pretty quickly.

Honestly I don't blame them for the lack of marketing in June... But they really need to start kicking it in in the next week or two. You fixed the biggest issue with the first trailer (the voice of the suit), so maybe she hasn't finished her voiceovers? IDK. If there's no trailer with Barbie, they're dumping this.

On the DC forum there was plenty of hype when the trailer came out, but it was much more divisive than even The Flash trailer.  I just bumped the forum after two months, since it seems even the superfans have lost interest.

8 hours ago, Human said:

On the DC forum there was plenty of hype when the trailer came out, but it was much more divisive than even The Flash trailer.  I just bumped the forum after two months, since it seems even the superfans have lost interest.

What I find fascinating is that Blue Beetle god more views likes than all of WB’s films so far, outside of Barbie, on TikTok and YT. It beat out Flash, Shazam 2, Dune 2 and Black Adam… maybe Gen Z will save this film? Gen Z and Latinos to the rescue!

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, El Gato said:

What I find fascinating is that Blue Beetle god more views likes than all of WB’s films so far, outside of Barbie, on TikTok and YT. It beat out Flash, Shazam 2, Dune 2 and Black Adam… maybe Gen Z will save this film? Gen Z and Latinos to the rescue!

With all due respect to the Latino community in the US and elsewhere, but this is very likely because of Bruna Marquezine, the Brazilian female lead in the film. She isn’t famous in the US, but she is absurdly famous here in Brazil. This was suppose to be her Hollywood break and she has what K-Pop fans would call of an army around here in Brazil.

Not sure if enough to make lots of money around here, but I hope the film does well in the US, it seems like a neat concept to explore. Hopefully enough for him to make an impression and keep popping up in the DCU.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

They need to advertise the movie first. it comes out in a month.

The only promo I've seen is a blue hamburger bun at Burger King. And fans even elevated and trended that on Twitter.

29 minutes ago, Morieris said:

The only promo I've seen is a blue hamburger bun at Burger King. And fans even elevated and trended that on Twitter.

That was fake and made by fans. The whole thing is that the movie isn't being promoted so they made fake promos as a joke

This thing is a bomb incoming though I could see Latino audiences really saving this one. WB just has to market it.

Enjoying the look though, feels Toku in it's influences. Very Kamen Rider and Guyver, for better and for worse.

27 minutes ago, 21C said:

Will this thing even reach 100 million worldwide?

2019's Hellboy grossed 99M WW so I assume Blue Beetle should at least cross 100M even by a small margin. It would be utterly embarassing if it falls behind Hellboy