cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

22 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Yes, what cinema actually needs is MORE Batman. Not talking Batman characters, no. We need all Batman. And more Jokers. And then more Batman again. That’s what the public wants. Hear us, WB.

Don't joke, that's what DC does with comics as well. When in doubt, pivot to Batman. DTV animated films? Almost all either about Batman or prominently featuring him.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/12/2023 at 1:14 PM, ZattMurdock said:

Yes, what cinema actually needs is MORE Batman. Not talking Batman characters, no. We need all Batman. And more Jokers. And then more Batman again. That’s what the public wants. Hear us, WB.

Trying to figure out if this is sarcasm or not.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Don't joke, that's what DC does with comics as well. When in doubt, pivot to Batman. DTV animated films? Almost all either about Batman or prominently featuring him.

Marvel in the early 90

s was the same way with Spidey and the X Men. When in doubt put out a new Spiderman or X men comic. The result was predictable;a huge drop in quality; a lot of medocirty. I think at one point there were four seperate Spiderman comics a month.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Marvel in the early 90

s was the same way with Spidey and the X Men. When in doubt put out a new Spiderman or X men comic. The result was predictable;a huge drop in quality; a lot of medocirty. I think at one point there were four seperate Spiderman comics a month.

Oh they've never been as bad as DC is with the Batman franchise. the fucking company is named after him 

8 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I'm unfamiliar with this outlet, are they in any way accurate?

Not too accurate. They were off about 35-45M for Spiderverse, 10-20M off for Flash and TLM and I don’t think their predictions were anywhere close to what Barbie looks to be doing. Though maybe this will give us an idea on how BB will do! When do the trades and BOP give their predictions? Should be next week for BOP right? 

A funny anecdote for Blue Beetle in LatAm: there are a lot of memes running in the past few days that make fun of the fact that there is zero marketing for this movie.  It is a meta meme where you basically pick any meme you like and replace the last punchline with: "watch Blue Beetle only on cinemas on august 18th". I know it is silly but memelords are doing a better job than Warner.

Spanish:

https://www.masgamers.com/fans-inician-campana-para-que-la-gente-vaya-a-ver-blue-beetle

Edited by Bob-omb
  • Heart 1
  • Haha 4

On 7/13/2023 at 2:22 PM, SpiderByte said:

"I don't believe in Magic, John Constantine, that's why I'm a member of your Justice League: Dark (DTV animated film) along with a demon, possessed spirit, magician, and an elemental force of nature in order to combat another Wizard." 

Sometimes those films really are hilariously unsubtle about how DC is concerned you're not going to buy something if Batman isn't included.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

"I don't believe in Magic, John Constantine, that's why I'm a member of your Justice League: Dark (DTV animated film) along with a demon, possessed spirit, magician, and an elemental force of nature in order to combat another Wizard." 

Sometimes those films really are hilariously unsubtle about how DC is concerned you're not going to buy something if Batman isn't included.

Canocically Batman very much believes in magic.

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I mean, in the DC Comics he would need to be crazy if he didn’t.

the problem is many creators make Mr. Terrific like that.  They use him as a mouthpiece and in the world of DC he comes off like an idiot for saying things like vampires do not exist when he just battled an army of ghosts with a different creative team.  That was painful to read.

Just now, Human said:

the problem is many creators make Mr. Terrific like that.  They use him as a mouthpiece and in the world of DC he comes off like an idiot for saying things like vampires do not exist when he just battled an army of ghosts with a different creative team.  That was painful to read.

Hence why it’s been a good decade that I’ve been picky with my comic book reading. It’s all Hickman era X-Men for a good while here and nothing hurts.

9 hours ago, MightyDargon said:

I'm here to point out this movie is absolutely gonna get slaughtered and WB would be insane if it doesn't punt Aquaman 2 afterwards.

You can join the countless other on here and on Reddit saying the same thing. Now when are pre sales?

• Like 1