Eric Atreides

Bros | September 30, 2022 | Universal

https://deadline.com/2019/02/billy-eichner-judd-apatow-nick-stoller-untitled-romantic-comedy-universal-1202550087/

Three-time Emmy nominee Billy Eichner will write and star in an untitled romantic comedy which is set up at UniversalNeighbors director Nick Stoller will direct, co-write and co-produce under his Global Solutions banners with Judd Apatow’s Apatow Productions banner.

Comedy will center around two men who have commitment problems and are attempting a relationship.

• Like 2

What makes me happy is that Eichner is neither a teenager nor a heartthrob, which is refreshing because every single time they attempt these gay romantic films, they usually star teens or beautiful teens or both. I think that, despite his playing horribly unappealing characters in both Billy on the Street and Difficult People, his likeability shines through. I could see him being a gay romcom lead. Like Chimunky, I also wish this makes a shit ton at the box office, but it is still a romance starring two men. It is going to be a hard sell for mainstream America anyway.  Will this get a wide release or a platform to build buzz or what?

Edited by LouisianaArkansasGeorgia

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/universal-sets-billy-eichners-bros-rom-com-for-summer-2022-release?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Universal Pictures has set an August 12, 2022 release date for Bros, the Billy Eichner-starring romantic comedy produced by Judd Apatow.

The film will portray two men maybe, possibly, probably stumbling towards love. Eichner co-wrote Bros with The Muppets helmer Nick Stoller, who will direct.

Eichner also starred on the Stoller-created Netflix series Friends From College. Bros is produced by Apatow, Stoller and Joshua Church and is executive produced by Eichner.

Eichner's other credits include the series Difficult People and American Horror Story, as well as the Emmy-nominated shortform series Billy on the Street. He is repped by UTA, 3 Arts and Ziffren Brittenham.

Stoller, whose feature directing credits include Get Him to the Greek and Neighbors, is repped by UTA and Ziffren Brittenham.

• Like 1