cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

8 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

In the 2003 film, Bruce's father injected himself with something, that he passed down to Bruce. And when Bruce was exposed to the gamma radiation in the lab, it activated the blood cells in his body.

That's true but in TIH, Bruce was working for the government under General Ross but it was different for the 2003 version. Also, while not part of TIH, Bruce reveals his father's name was Brian in Ragnarok so they intentionally contradicted 2003 Hulk.

Edited by poweranimals

1 hour ago, ChipDerby said:

In the 2003 film, Bruce's father injected himself with something, that he passed down to Bruce. And when Bruce was exposed to the gamma radiation in the lab, it activated the blood cells in his body.

If it’s just Bruce’s father that passed the genetic trait, how does that work with what happens in She Hulk? Jen is his cousin, she wouldn’t have anything passed down from Bruce’s father, only Bruce’s grandfather. 

On 11/8/2022 at 1:50 PM, Verrows said:

Be that as it may, if it was MCU canon Marvel Studios would have indicated as such, but they haven't. It's not considered an MCU film (though with the multiverse being a thing now I guess EVERYTHING is technically canon).

Well, all the previsou movie Spidey's showing up in Spiderman NWH sort of  proves that......

And I still say the end of the  2003 Hulk movie makes no sense.

And Disney + is going with a live action Captain Carter series with Hayley Atwell..which will be the first Disney + live action series set in a alternate reality.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, dudalb said:
Spoiler

I am betting  Julia Louis Dreyfuss as Valentina shows up in this film after her appreance in Wakanda Forever.

Isn't this a spoiler???  I didn't know that they were in this.  Was this publicly announced ahead of time?  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Well, all the previsou movie Spidey's showing up in Spiderman NWH sort of  proves that......

And I still say the end of the  2003 Hulk movie makes no sense.

And Disney + is going with a live action Captain Carter series with Hayley Atwell..which will be the first Disney + live action series set in a alternate reality.

I had no idea about that. Cool.

Oh, and Thunderbolts apparently starts filming in June as well. Didn't feel the need to bump that thread too, though.

Is it just me or are these films getting a late start on filming? I think all this year's entries have been done filming for awhile so I'm surprised they didn't get a start on these 2024 ones sooner. I guess I won't complain if it means they're taking more time to get the quality right. 

1 minute ago, Verrows said:

Oh, and Thunderbolts apparently starts filming in June as well. Didn't feel the need to bump that thread too, though.

Is it just me or are these films getting a late start on filming? I think all this year's entries have been done filming for awhile so I'm surprised they didn't get a start on these 2024 ones sooner. I guess I won't complain if it means they're taking more time to get the quality right. 

I think all the other ones being in the can so early was a byproduct of covid delays but even Spider-Man and Black Panther were cutting it close from production to release.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

If this movie doesn't have a balls to the wall trailer with amazing action then this will barely do 80m opening weekend. The series was not liked by the fan base and a writer for it writing this is not a good sign.

I hear you there. I think the thing to remember is the shows are mostly filler. The movies are a whole different story with way bigger and more interesting things happening. Regardless of what people thought of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, I'm pretty sure Marvel will give people more than enough reasons to check this out. If the movie wasn't doing much more than the show did then it would be a completely different story.

• Like 1

Typical production to release window was ~12 months in phase 3 but they could turn it around a bit faster on a few occasions iirc. That said won’t be surprised if anything from Marvels onward gets shuffled in the next lil bit.

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

I think all the other ones being in the can so early was a byproduct of covid delays but even Spider-Man and Black Panther were cutting it close from production to release.

Yeah I guess there's probably nothing to see here. Also just realizing that they've been filming shows in the meantime so it's not like they haven't been doing anything.

2 minutes ago, Favorite Fearless Legion said:

Typical production to release window was ~12 months in phase 3 but they could turn it around a bit faster on a few occasions iirc. That said won’t be surprised if anything from Marvels onward gets shuffled in the next lil bit.

Finishing production, or starting though?

I should reiterate that I mean finish filming. Obviously post production  finishes close to release.

Edited by Verrows

15 minutes ago, Verrows said:

I think all this year's entries have been done filming for awhile so I'm surprised they didn't get a start on these 2024 ones sooner. I guess I won't complain if it means they're taking more time to get the quality right. 

Because of the dates reshuffle. WF was supposed to be released in July, and The Marvels in November.

• Like 1