Eric Atreides

Weekday Numbers (7/12-15) | BW 7.16 Mon, 7.7 Tue, 5.5M Wed, 4.9 Thu

https://deadline.com/2021/07/black-widow-monday-box-office-second-weekend-1234792134/

After posting a record domestic opening during the pandemic with $80.3M, Disney/Marvel’s Black Widow went on to do north of $7.16M, which is the best non-holiday Monday during the Covid era to date. Paramount’s A Quiet Place Part II easily owns the best Monday during the pandemic at $9.54M, however, that was on Memorial Day. Through eight days, Black Widow stands at $87.5M, currently booked at 4,160 theaters.

The expectation is that with Warner Bros.’ day-and-date theatrical HBO Max sequel Space Jam: A New Legacy coming into the marketplace along with Columbia Pictures sequel Escape Room: Tournament of Champions (which is a pure theatrical window release) that Black Widow will still lead at the box office, despite an expected 65%-70% slide for a second weekend of $24M-$28M. The decline takes into account Black Widow‘s availability on Disney+ Premier. Universal’s F9 posted a second weekend that was down 67% from its $70M opening, however, the pic’s second Sunday fell on July 4th which isn’t a vibrant day for moviegoing.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Ummm, hopefully a typo b/c that number isn't close to $60M WW PA...

EDIT TO ADD: And now it dawns on me that $7.16M is Monday's BO number, so it is a typo - someone fat fingered the wrong linked cell to that page...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, john2000 said:

i doubt that it will drop to 70, but lets see  both antman 2 and spiderman homecoming dropped around 62% in their sec weekend and in normal conditions so..................

No not 70, it’s already blown past 70 :sparta:Disney wanted to have it’s cake and eat it last week by insisting on adding its Disney+ numbers on top of OW box office boasting over 110 OW or 215 WW so now the chickens have come home to roost. Time to face the music.:redcapes:

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 3
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Moderation

@VENOM has been threadbanned for poisoning the well and getting a rise out of Black Widow fans.

@KJsooner Let me give some advice to you: if you see a post you think is breaking the rules or constitutes "inmates running the asylum", please use the Report button. While I try to catch up on threads as often as I can (not very easy, since I'm at work 6 days out of the week, 8-9 hours out of the day. I'm actually at work right now!), I'm not always there. Reporting it at least gives the staff a notification that something is wrong and that somebody will try and take care of a situation as soon as possible. It's a lot better to take action against trolls rather than complain about them.

Anyways, Tuesday numbers are up.

Wednesday Update: after Tuesday update After posting a record domestic opening during the pandemic of $80.3 million, Disney/Marvel’s Black Widow went on to gross the best non-holiday Monday with $7.16M during the Covid era, and now a record Tuesday of $7.6M.

Black Widow‘s Tuesday is 17% ahead of F9‘s first Tuesday ($6.5M) which held the previous record for the day during the pandemic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

6 hours ago, VENOM said:

No not 70, it’s already blown past 70 :sparta:Disney wanted to have it’s cake and eat it last week by insisting on adding its Disney+ numbers on top of OW box office boasting over 110 OW or 215 WW so now the chickens have come home to roost. Time to face the music.:redcapes:

Ok but why you're talking like a supervillain

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

https://deadline.com/2021/07/black-widow-fastest-to-100m-at-domestic-box-office-covid-1234793631/

In what should not come as shocking, Disney/Marvel’s Black Widow crossed the $100 million mark at the domestic box office in six days, making it the fastest to do so during the pandemic.

Black Widow made $5.5M yesterday, 10% ahead of F9‘s first Wednesday of $5M. The MCU pic’s running total now counts $100.7M.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2