Eric Duncan

Weekday Numbers (7/12-15) | BW 7.16 Mon, 7.7 Tue, 5.5M Wed, 4.9 Thu

2 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

So what's the weekend we are looking at? Around 22-26m? Wonder if Disney report premiere access number again or not. 

I’m gonna guess $27m+. It depends on Thursday really and the Friday increase. 

Wednesday down -28%.

• Like 2

Totally depends on today and Fridays rise but the weak ass Saturdays this summer should have us hoping it gets to 24m versus under. Thinking that BW and SJ2 will be in a nice fight for first. 

If today is good and Friday manages 9m or so then 25m may happen.... harder to use past behavior to extrapolate 🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

FYI just with MTC1 BW dropped 12% compared to yesterday. Let us hope overall drop is better. 

If that holds.

Playing like Ant-man 2 will give it 26-27m(-66-67%)

Playing like CFA will give it 23m (-71%) but I don't think it will go this way it's Friday and Saturday increase were kind of low.

Doom scenario will be if PA affects it's second Saturday which I don't see happening.

Overall unless it surprises this ain't coming close to 61/60% drops of Ant-man 2 and CFA.

25-28m weekend for now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

More than weekend drop, what will matter is SAT-SUN drop. FFH had 47% SAT drop and 45% SUN drop. AM2 had 50% SAT and 52% SUN drop.

Even AM2 drops would be giving it $20M SAT-SUN. Now BW will have advantage of Ontario reopening so ideally it should be $21.5M SAT-SUN for matching AM2 drops, but weekdays has been bad for BW. Let's see if weekend surprises.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

50 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

More than weekend drop, what will matter is SAT-SUN drop. FFH had 47% SAT drop and 45% SUN drop. AM2 had 50% SAT and 52% SUN drop.

Even AM2 drops would be giving it $20M SAT-SUN. Now BW will have advantage of Ontario reopening so ideally it should be $21.5M SAT-SUN for matching AM2 drops, but weekdays has been bad for BW. Let's see if weekend surprises.

weekdays bad, i had the idea based from what people here were saying that weekdays were very decent ... ?

5 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I can't imagine if Disney ever did another Roger Rabbit/Space Jam type movie with Mickey Mouse and co it would have results this low. 

In the same circumstances, it probably would open this low. I personally think both Mickey Mouse and Looney Tunes should've both been public domain ages ago. The new shorts from both IPs are a lot of fun though.

9 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Makes me wonder how much WB has really squandered the branding of Looney Tunes in the past 20 or so years.. I can't imagine if Disney ever did another Roger Rabbit/Space Jam type movie with Mickey Mouse and co it would have results this low. 

It's insane how disrespectful Warner has treated the Looney Tunes since Back in Action bombed. You look at what Disney does with Mickey and they're still pumping out hit cartoons and merchandise left and right.

The biggest thing to happen to Looney Tunes is Big Chungus. He's more recognizable than Bugs Bunny to kids today! A shame too, since a lot of the more recent attempts to bring the characters back into the limelight are pretty solid.

• Like 1