The Wild Eric

No Hard Feelings | Sony | June 23, 2023 | The return of J-Law and R-rated comedies!

11 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

FYI, there are sneak previews tomorrow in some markets (US).

This got tons of ads during the NBA playoffs. Can't say they made me more excited to see it...

I was perusing showtimes for today trying to decide if I wanted to see anything today when I noticed the sneak previews today.

As far as I can tell just 3 theaters have 1 showing today at 7 pm.

I'm on the fence about going as none of the 3 theaters are all that close to me and I'm more of an early bird when it comes to seeing movies.

I like to make a day of it, do some light shopping, have a good lunch then see a movie.

MEM17R9_t.JPG

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

At least started with 94% verified audience score (<50 votes)

I take it as a good sign the studio felt confident enough to have a sneak preview a week before release. I can't see them doing that if they thought it would bomb or get a poor reception.

I almost went yesterday, but the time and distance to the theaters that had the preview put me off. I'll be seeing it this weekend, along with Asteroid City.

10 minutes ago, Incarnadine said:

I take it as a good sign the studio felt confident enough to have a sneak preview a week before release. I can't see them doing that if they thought it would bomb or get a poor reception.

I almost went yesterday, but the time and distance to the theaters that had the preview put me off. I'll be seeing it this weekend, along with Asteroid City.

I think Sony is betting on the hope that this can be their sleeper hit like another Where Crawdads Sings. That movie was critically trashed but audience ate it up (96% RT score ; A- cinemascore). This is something I expect NHF to replicate here given raunchy comedy rarely please critics. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I think Sony is betting on the hope that this can be their sleeper hit like another Where Crawdads Sings. That movie was critically trashed but audience ate it up (96% RT score ; A- cinemascore). This is something I expect NHF to replicate here given raunchy comedy rarely please critics. 

I really miss truly funny raunchy comedies. I saw American Pie, Scarey Movie, There's Something About Mary and Sausage Party on their opening nights with absolutely packed theaters and those were some of my fondest movie going memories and I remember laughing so hard my sides hurt.

I don't know if it's even possible for movies like that to get made now, studios play it too safe and too many people are too easily offended and it's killing comedy.

1 minute ago, Maggie said:

She'll always be in demand. She is an Oscar winner and a box office success in the past she has proven herself. As i said, she's here to stay, there'll always be roles for her. She'll go back to Oscar films

She just tried with Causeaway; her co-star got the Oscar nom instead. 

Edited by Flopped
  • ...wtf 1