Eric S'ennui

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

9 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

Looks INCREDIBLE, I don't think itll explode from 1 to 2 as much as people expect (I still maintain enthusiasm for Dune is fairly limited). But put me in for $550m, maybe $600 if WOM is crazy good.

I think it's going to explode OS, if I was WB, I'd consider releasing it OS in late October to benefit from IMAX.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I think it's going to explode OS, if I was WB, I'd consider releasing it OS in late October to benefit from IMAX.

First one made almost 3 times as much OS so it's a great ratio for OS explosion. It won't have Russia, though, where it absolutely slayed. It was Dune's 4th biggest market.

Just now, Valonqar said:

First one made almost 3 times as much OS so it's a great ratio for OS explosion. It won't have Russia, though, where it absolutely slayed. It was Dune's 4th biggest market.

That ratio was only that high because it was day and date in the US.

41 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Yes definitely tracking is not good, first trailer about first movie made 45M views, the first of the sequel 22-23M.

After the success of the first movie you could expect the first trailer of the sequel doing better, not the half of it. So a new trailer and even too much long, to show more things possible.

Not buying that. Part1 first two trailers on youtube have atm 41m and 34m views. I was watching them many times in late 2021 when I had already seen the movie and they both were 5-10mil lower than that. Trailers for big movies like this get a big boost just before-during and after release because they get embedded to thousands of articles worldwide that talk about the movie.

9 minutes ago, Joel M said:

Not buying that. Part1 first two trailers on youtube have atm 41m and 34m views. I was watching them many times in late 2021 when I had already seen the movie and they both were 5-10mil lower than that. Trailers for big movies like this get a big boost just before-during and after release because they get embedded to thousands of articles worldwide that talk about the movie.

I don't have data but easily a good 80% of the views of a trailer are made in the first week.

Also on imdb the movie Is almost out of the 100 of the most popular movies. 

I think they want more attention for sure.

Anyway as I said i'm still expecting this movie to make better than the First. 

Edited by vale9001

A complete extravaganza when watching with headphones. It's hard to keep expectations low after seeing the trailer and not think about the best picture of the year and one of the best all-time...and seeing shining oscars in the horizon. As long as the ending works out, this is going to be a big bang!

ron swanson laughing GIF

• Like 1

I think this movie would benefit a lot from releasing in mid October, sadly i don’t think the movie will be ready in time for a change date 

The deadlines for this movie was very tight, is impressive Villeneuve will deliver for November 

Movie seems great as well, Ferguson is just mothering as always and the scale looks insane. Something about the aesthetic is bothering me a bit tho, is lacking some of the cinematic weight the first one had (maybe lacking texture), but hopefully is just the compression for YT and Twitter or the post production still far from finished

• Like 1