The Wild Eric

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

Just listened to the OST for the first time to cope with not getting tickets for tonight's early access shows.

The back half of this album is just insane. The way Zimmer advanced some of these themes from Part 1 is fantastic. One of them actually made me emotional it was so immense. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/dune-part-3

When he said it was a cliffhanger I hoped it wasn't true but alas...

I'd say for 90% of it, i was 10/10 losing my mind, most of my issues with 1 were gone (it was weirder and visually more colorful and dynamic) but I left unsatisfied by the end. Ended on a sour note for me. The central romance also doesn't work, zero chemistry.

My rating of the film is still very very high bc I adored most of it but I was overall disappointed?

• Like 3

I’ll wait until the spoiler thread to talk about some of the story beats and how I felt about them.

Will say that the way it flowed between the different stories didn’t always come together. I do prefer the simplicity of the first film a bit more. I also wish Eric Roth was still involved  as I think it did miss some of his nuance that he brought to the first film. Villeneuve and Spaihts still deliver some great writing here though. 

I think in general though, it will get a better response than the first film. I can see a fair amount of people who weren’t satisfied with movie one liking this.

Edited by AMC Theaters Enjoyer
  • Like 2

It's better than Part One but I'm also not over the moon tbh. It's more Dune, but this time it's actually providing resolution to its arcs. Bardem is the highlight for me, whether intentional or maybe slightly unintentional.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

there is no way Legendary or WB won't greenlight Dune: Messiah. Kill a acclaimed franchise just don't look good for them. Especially now they want great talents. 

The movie is gonna a be a financial success so no reason to not make it. What i'm worried about is Villenueve said he want to make another movie before that (like Nolan with Inception) so seems like we need to wait at least 2028 for the last chapter. 

5 hours ago, ando said:

Just listened to the OST for the first time to cope with not getting tickets for tonight's early access shows.

The back half of this album is just insane. The way Zimmer advanced some of these themes from Part 1 is fantastic. One of them actually made me emotional it was so immense. 

Yeah the album is much better than Dune Part One. I thought Dune Part One was kind of boring outside of the film, but I listened to Part Two thrice already. I love the last three cues.