Eric the IF

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

2 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

They are willing to give Marvel up?

I guess they are very close to Villeneuve and know something about the movie (even see some footage). Or just hearing The Marvels sucks.

The actual explanation is Dune/Legendary/whoever got a contract for a specific number of weeks it'd play in IMAX.

• Like 2

Feeling confident in a similar increase as AtSV domestic. Dune send to be very enjoyed as the years passed, and think it'll garner enough attention for a big OW. Something like 70/210/650 for it.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, YM! said:

Feeling confident in a similar increase as AtSV domestic. Dune send to be very enjoyed as the years passed, and think it'll garner enough attention for a big OW. Something like 70/210/650 for it.

Agreed! My friends are big Dune fans but never saw the first in theaters. They just watched it on HBO but for this one they are definitely seeing in theaters opening weekend. I think this will see a sizable increase from the first (double the domestic total). 

• Like 1

The IMAX news leads me to believe Disney moved The Marvels to 11/10 with the hope that Dune Part Two would move to avoid the competition. Now we see why WB is reluctant to move it if Part 2 has a long IMAX contract. 

IMO, this standoff is gonna lead to one of them moving the release date, which has become more acute now with the strikes. It’s just a matter of which studio will

blink first. 

11 minutes ago, Squire said:

The IMAX news leads me to believe Disney moved The Marvels to 11/10 with the hope that Dune Part Two would move to avoid the competition. Now we see why WB is reluctant to move it if Part 2 has a long IMAX contract. 

IMO, this standoff is gonna lead to one of them moving the release date, which has become more acute now with the strikes. It’s just a matter of which studio will

blink first. 

That brings back memories. 

https://variety.com/2014/film/news/marvel-not-changing-captain-america-3-release-date-1201265214/amp/

• Astonished 1

Pretty obvious IMO that if one these movies ends up delayed it's going to be this. Marvel doesn't need to send Brie Larson, etc. out to promote it since the brand sells itself while the starry cast for this is supposed to be the main draw. Honestly if they want several weeks of IMAX/PLF play there's plenty of spots next year up for grabs at the moment due to the massive schedule shifting that's probably about to begin in another week or so when it finally dawns upon the studios that next year truly is screwed due to the foolishness of AMPTP.

2 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I’m not entirely sure if the five to six weeks is accurate since Napoleon is reportedly getting IMAX screens, unless that’s like Meg 2 and only getting some in select territories. 

The IMAX logo is being featured on the domestic marketing for Napoleon including the trailer (which is featured on their YouTube page).

Feel like people are reading into the "we promised Dune 2 at least 5-6 weeks" comments too literally. The CEO is clearly just doing everything he can to convince WB not to delay this (because ultimately, it's up to them).

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

The IMAX logo is being featured on the domestic marketing for Napoleon including the trailer (which is featured on their YouTube page).

Feel like people are reading into the "we promised Dune 2 at least 5-6 weeks" comments too literally. The CEO is clearly just doing everything he can to convince WB not to delay this (because ultimately, it's up to them).

Thanks for the info, and yeah you’re right about the comments. Nolan could only get three weeks for Oppenheimer, Dune at best would have gotten a similar deal (which is seems to be).

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Pretty obvious IMO that if one these movies ends up delayed it's going to be this.

I wish this wasn’t true, but it is. I don’t care about The Marvels (first one is bottom tier MCU IMO), but you can’t ignore how much money the first one made. 

3 hours ago, Squire said:

blink first. 

Agreed. I actually hope The Marvels blinks. I think that film could benefit heavily of just going for next year’s International Women’s Day, March 8th 2024.  It makes more sense to me than even getting the Deadpool 3’s spot.

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

Agreed. I actually hope The Marvels blinks. I think that film could benefit heavily of just going for next year’s International Women’s Day, March 8th 2024.  It makes more sense to me than even getting the Deadpool 3’s spot.

Hundred percent. 

• Like 1

If Marvels was gonna blink they wouldn't have released a second trailer. I think it's gonna be Dune, if it's either of them. With it sounding the strike could last till September, which those articles said is when the decision had to be made by, I think it's much more likely Dune jumps to next year.

Edited by SpiderByte

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

The Emmys just got delayed, meaning someone's thinking this'll last till September. Which makes a delay for this more likely 

Everyone knew the Emmy’s were getting delayed since the wga strike back in May. These shows are planned months in advance. That doesnt mean Dune can’t also be delayed just that the two things are unrelated.