Cap

Eternals Weekend Thread: 71M OW DOM, 90M OS | Dune 7.6M (-50%), NTTD 6.2M, Venom 4.5M, Spencer 2.1M

13 minutes ago, Menor said:

Sat bump is going much higher than that. Yes WOM is mixed but so was Venom 2. It's not super toxic WOM to tank the Saturday that much.

I was looking at increases past month. I will not compare eternals with Venom 2. The audience for venom has different expectations. This having mixed WOM will have some impact for sure. I will be surprised otherwise. 

9 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I was looking at increases past month. I will not compare eternals with Venom 2. The audience for venom has different expectations. This having mixed WOM will have some impact for sure. I will be surprised otherwise. 

Look at Sat PS relative to Shang-Chi. MTC1 is at 127k tickets vs 81k and in the last day added 28k tickets vs just 15k for Shang-Chi. And Shang-Chi itself did 23.2 so Eternals would have to have quite poor walkups for just 25. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Menor said:

Look at Sat PS relative to Shang-Chi. MTC1 is at 127k tickets vs 81k and in the last day added 28k tickets vs just 15k for Shang-Chi. And Shang-Chi itself did 23.25 so Eternals would have to have quite poor walkups for just 25. 

Shang chi had way stronger reception and eternals WOM is TBD. Let us wait and watch. However I hope I am wrong.

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

If it follow Thor 2 weekend bumps of +30% SAT & -32% SUN, will still get to $82M.

That was a different era. Late shows dont seem to do as well. Yesteday at MTC1 it moved only 7K between 630PM run and 9PM run. Its lot more PS driven these days. I still dont see core audience that helps with big saturday increases(families) are back in droves. So we will see softer saturday increase for sure.