LPLC

Spiderman : No Way Home - Box office thread

43 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Does anyone know why there is such a big difference between Mexico and Brazil? Usually for Marvel movies they are quite close in total gross... 

Because Mexico had a full 5-Day OW instead of the typical 3-Day. Final grosses should put them closer both in the $60M+ area

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Does anyone know why there is such a big difference between Mexico and Brazil? Usually for Marvel movies they are quite close in total gross... 

Mexico is a market with big openings but weaker legs as compared to Brazil. For EG Mexico opened about 30% higher but finished with ~10% less.

40 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Can it hit 600m with actuals. Domestic could add 5m. So OS needs around 8m bump. 

It will be close. OS bump is guaranteed cause estimates never report all numbers. But whether it's going to be 8M, we'll have to see. Either way, OS is going up and dom very likely too. 

Edited by Valonqar

56 minutes ago, MG10 said:

Brazil did 102M lc and that means: 17,9 $ 

In April 2019 ( Endgame release) 102M lc would mean: 25M $

Edited by jma22
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, GoblinXXR said:

So with Infinity War level OS legs, we'd be looking at about $865M OS-C-J. Lets assume China isn't happening. We know this could be the highest grossing CBM ever in Japan, but lets go with $60M for now. That puts us at $925M with below average holiday legs (TFA OS-C legs = 3.6, for comparison). 

Domestic is opening to around $255-260M. I don't see legs going below TLJ (2.82x) and I think 3.2-3.3x is possible. I don't see it getting to TFA's 3.78x level but who the hell knows....

All in all, I think we're headed for $1.6-1.8B WW-C.

What's your most pessimistic scenario?

42 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

What's your most pessimistic scenario?

With bad legs OS, no China, much smaller-than-expected Japan and the few other markets that haven't opened, lets say $780-800M OS. With bad legs domestically, lets say $620-650M. 

So pessimistic about $1.4-1.45B. 

Edited by GoblinXXR
  • Like 3

Reviewing all the data we have and the reception/WOM this is getting, I think $1B OS-C is going to happen. Even TROS managed 2.77x its OS opening. If NWH just matches that, it does $930M without Japan, Norway, Thailand or the Philippines. Those 4 countries can add another $80-100M. 

Hell, given the great WOM I think $1.1-1.15B OS-C is possible! I wouldn't bank on that, but 3x OS legs over the holidays wouldn't be that odd. TFA had a really good/great reception and it did 3.6x OS-C opening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Other OW: Argentina ($6.8M), Peru ($4.4M), Colombia ($3.7M), Ecuador ($3.7M), Bolivia ($1.5M), Central America ($4.8M); Indonesia ($8.2M), Taiwan ($7.3M), Hong Kong ($6.3M), Malaysia ($5.1M); Saudi Arabia ($5.2M), UAE ($4.1M), Israel ($2.7M), Egypt ($1.3M), Kuwait ($1.2M); Ukraine ($2.4M), Turkey ($1.4M); New Zealand ($2.3M).

• Thanks 1