Eric the Minion

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Star Wars Holiday Special is the best Star Wars. It's so good Lucas won't let anyone see it because it makes everything else in the franchise look shitty in comparison

Well damn, Mango has reached the logical pinnacle of take spiciness, I guess it’s time for a new topic.

• Thanks 1

my personal hope for thor 4 is that it fucking sucks so bad and is so offensive to humanity that everybody involved in the making of it gets sent to jail so i never have to see taika waititi's stupid fucking face lame ass comedy wack shit in the a movie ever again, that i can be rid of this curse and be free. and that they throw ryan reynolds in jail with him just because.

my expectation is that it'll be fine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Osborn said:

Yeah pretty much. Every time I see people go "Rogue One is the best", I just don't get it. I mean the climax is cool, but everything else is just a snorefest.

I am one with the take, and the take is with me.    

Was fun to see that planet get wasted in act 2. I can’t recall much of any of the characters now, but overall feel like I liked a slightly grittier vibe than from the skywalker saga (or solo). And the ending, which is the most important part, was great.

Edited by Weird Alegion

2 minutes ago, Eric Osborn said:

Yeah pretty much. Every time I see people go "Rogue One is the best", I just don't get it. I mean the climax is cool, but everything else is just a snorefest.

Coming off the high of TFA, Rogue One is one of the most boring movies I've ever seen. Great plot idea, good actors, but damn it just did nothing for me. That said I will simp for Felicity Jones until I die

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I mean reviews were great. Nostalgia is great

Movie is far from just "nostalgia" anyway, it does a great job integrating its past elements in a way where none of them feel wasted, and even provides additional closure to the previous two series.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Cap said:

My Thor 4 hot take is that It’s the one I am least excited about. They announced that movie as Jane Foster Thor and Queer Val at SDCC, and now it’s all about Odinson and the GOTG? This better be massive “don’t look at the man behind the curtain” tactics or else I am gonna be so

AND! why did Thor have to get jacked again. He was better with the belly. 😡

Again, the smart bet is that GOTG are only in a few minutes of this movie to pick up from Infinity War/Endgame narratively.  They only shot for a few weeks on the production, I think.  

And you must know that the only way for THOR to regain his machismo when JANE one-ups him will be to go all "Rocky 4."  😂

Edited by Macleod

Just now, Mango said:

Coming off the high of TFA, Rogue One is one of the most boring movies I've ever seen. Great plot idea, good actors, but damn it just did nothing for me. That said I will simp for Felicity Jones until I die

The characters are what truly made this such a lame experience. They had such an incredible cast, full of some of the most dynamic and memorable actors working today. But aside from K-2S0, I can't remember a single detail about any of them. Star Wars works as well as it does because the characters are so engaging and memorable and endearing (that's what helps a lot of the Sequel Trilogy's issues, just how fun and memorable the cast is), but Gareth Edwards just...forgot to write personalities for his cast? Still rooting for that Cassian Andor show though, because Diego Luna is wonderful and pure and deserves the world.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eric Osborn said:

The characters are what truly made this such a lame experience. They had such an incredible cast, full of some of the most dynamic and memorable actors working today. But aside from K-2S0, I can't remember a single detail about any of them. Star Wars works as well as it does because the characters are so engaging and memorable and endearing (that's what helps a lot of the Sequel Trilogy's issues, just how fun and memorable the cast is), but Gareth Edwards just...forgot to write personalities for his cast? Still rooting for that Cassian Andor show though, because Diego Luna is wonderful and pure and deserves the world.

awkward pulp fiction GIF

What thread am I in again?  😁

1 minute ago, Eric Osborn said:

They had such an incredible cast, full of some of the most dynamic and memorable actors working today

Still can't believe the two "big" movies Riz Ahmed got were Rogue One and Venom