Eric the Minion

No Way Home Weekend Thread | #RIP AIW Record | 260M OW DOM | 340M OS | 600M OW WW W/O CHINA

1 minute ago, Cap said:

There’s still time folks. We got 13 more pages and a bunch more hours.

I wish Hawkeye was finished, because then we could do a marvel ranking, but I think that’s a waste until we see how Hawkeye lands.

movie wise though?

1. Eternals

2. Shang Chi

3. NWH

4. Widow

1. NWH
2. Shang-Chi
3. Eternals
4. Black Widow 

1. WandaVision
2. Loki
3. What If...?
4. Hawkeye 
5. Falcon & the Winter Soldier 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cap said:

I wish Hawkeye was finished, because then we could do a marvel ranking, but I think that’s a waste until we see how Hawkeye lands.

movie wise though?

1. Eternals

2. Shang Chi

3. NWH

4. Widow

A fellow Eternals fan! I actually think it's Marvel's best movie of the year lmao

1. WandaVision

2. Eternals

3. Spider-Man: No Way Home

4. Loki

5. Hawkeye

6. Black Widow

7. What If

8. Shang-Chi

9. Falcon and the Winter Soldier

• Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Menor said:

Btw TLJ definite recommend was 82% which is actually very high, par Infinity War, though I have suspected that if Comscore tracked "definitely do not recommend," it would also have overindexed there relative to many blockbusters.

I think TLJ massive hate is just an online thing.

I mean sure it was big enough that broke the news, have a negative impact and Disney became super scared, destroying the trilogy with a terrible and coward ending in the process.

But people online thinks the movie is hated just because part of the giant fandom keep saying how bad it is for 4 years everyday, normal people don't care, the movie was huge on home media even after the meltdown on theaters.

And the funniest thing, Disney made EP IX and give to this loud bubble everything they wanted, still cinemascore, comscore etc was way worse than TLJ.

• Like 3

1. NWH 

2. Hawkeye (I'm shocked at this being this high)

3. Shang-Chi

4. WandaVision

5. Eternals

6. Loki

7. Falcon and Winter Soldier

8. What If?

9. Black Widow

Overall pretty decent movie year for the MCU the TV shows clearly you can see they're still working it out as they go along. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

We’ll have DS2 trailer stats soon. I say 24hrs over IW. If it misses I’ll revise my expectations down.

Everyone saw the trailer on theaters and people are watching recorded versions of it for almost a week, i doubt it will be that big online.

I'll wait the next trailer to see the numbers.

10 minutes ago, Cap said:

movie wise though?

1. Eternals

2. Shang Chi

3. NWH

4. Widow

Good:

1. WandaVision 

2. Eternals

3. Shang Chi 

Decent:

4. Loki 

Bad:

5. Falcon

6. Black Widow 

Awful:

7. What If 

Didn't see Hawkeye and NWH yet

• Like 1

I haven't seen much of the TV shows and miniseries. Some episodes of What If? are cool but not really anything amazing. Black Widow was okay for the first two acts but instead of trying to keep it a fairly grounded spy film they went with a dumb cgi castle in the sky. Shang Chi is similar for me I really liked the first two acts but then things got too fantastical when I wish they would have stuck with martial arts. Eternals was boooooring and just plain uninteresting to me. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

Not completely final, still gotta fill in my ranks, and maybe make some small tweaks, but wanted to drop this before my shift starts. The last two columns aren’t needed, but I used them while I was working and figured hey, why not show more. 

Username  Legion    
DOM rank 3rd    
DOM gross 820000000    

Username  Legion     
Weekend Predicted Rank Gross Drop
1   260,000,000  
2   107,500,000 58.65%
3   75,250,000 30.00%
4   35,317,633 53.07%
5   21,965,953 37.80%
6   11,739,790 46.55%
7   9,269,891 21.04%
8   6,815,499 26.48%
9   3,563,817 47.71%
10   4,006,178 -12.41%
11 . 2,490,308 37.84%
12   1,554,924 37.56%

Crosspost for sake of 100 ;) 

Edited by Weird Alegion
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

I mean sure it was big enough that broke the news, have a negative impact and Disney became super scared, destroying the trilogy with a terrible and coward ending in the process.

But people online thinks the movie is hated just because part of the giant fandom keep saying how bad it is for 4 years everyday, normal people don't care, the movie was huge on home media even after the meltdown on theaters.

And the funniest thing, Disney made EP IX and give to this loud bubble everything they wanted, still cinemascore, comscore etc was way worse than TLJ.

The movie had much better reception than certain online metrics would indicate, but I wouldn't say the backlash was purely online. Among all the SW fans I know in real life which spans a pretty good portion from super hardcore to fairly casual, reaction to the film was extremely mixed, many people loved it and many hated. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

As many would say The Last Jedi is a good movie just did not work as an 8th star wars movie.

However I dont think the film reception was an online thing.

I dont think I can remember any large film causing such a divided reaction. Usually films are okay to it sucked to its bad but this was very polarized.  I think that went mainstream and just gave the film a clouded reception long term to people.

Edited by Torontofan

1 minute ago, Menor said:

The movie had much better reception than certain online metrics would indicate, but to say the backlash was purely online. Among all the SW fans I know in real life which spans a pretty good portion from super hardcore to fairly casual, reaction to the film was extremely mixed, many people loved it and many hated. 

It's not purely online, i shouldn't said in this generalized way.

But i do believe the straight up hate is mostly online.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

it's Marvel's best movie of the year lmao

FIFY

ALSO omg boys and girls, the Sam Wilson disrespect going on here. Bans! Bans for everyone! I have all the power and I will protect my precious —-

@Porthos swoops in

”C’mon. It’s okay. We’re gonna go back to play Sims 4 now and it’s all gonna be okay.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Cap said:

FIFY

ALSO omg boys and girls, the Sam Wilson disrespect going on here. Bans! Bans for everyone! I have all the power and I will protect my precious —-

@Porthos swoops in

”C’mon. It’s okay. We’re gonna go back to play Sims 4 now and it’s all gonna be okay.”

You tagged me back into this thread after I Peace'd Out?

BogusHighlevelEyelashpitviper-max-1mb.gi

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

i can't tell if we're still not allowed to ever compare DC movies to Marvel ones which is why i may bring them up eventually or maybe not.

though honestly i just haven't seen the DC crazies around much on this forum anymore. maybe they all ascended to heaven after the snyder cut came out or it's just a signifier that their cinematic universe has truly flopped i do not know.

Maybe they watched Army of the Dead and were like "uh yeah... maybe we were wrong about stanning this guy so hard" 

I remain completely mystified how someone like Zack Snyder's has such a loyal following.  At least with Michael Bay you get it...guys who just want to see action, explosions, "humor", and hot babes.

2 hours ago, YourMother said:

You know what’s a great Star Wars movie? The Last Jedi

My theatrical experience with The Last Jedi exactly reminded me so much of The Matrix Reloaded back in 2003.   Before the movie started you could feel the giddy excitement in the air.  By the time it was over, the mood had completely changed.

2 minutes ago, Knights of Ren said:

Star Wars fans can collectively agree that TROS was garbage 😀

NOPE. 👎

(see, @Cap, why'd you tag me into the middle of all this???)

Edited by Porthos