Eric is Quiet

***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** NO WAY HOME SPOILERS THREAD ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***SPOILERS*** ***DID WE MENTION SPOILERS?????***

34 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Foxx is obviously an enormously bigger name that was always gonna generate more headlines than DeHaan, who would've been out-of-place among the other respected veterans that previously played Spider-Man villains that returned for this. His main purpose for being in this was clearly so he could have a redemption arc from his ridiculously thin motivations for turning evil in Amazing 2.

Jamie Foxx was a pretty big star at one point and had name recognition....somethe you cannot say about DeHaan, of course FOxx would get more publicity.

It had some flaws, but I throughly enjoyed it.

Matt Murdoch showing up  caught me by surprise.

The two  final credit sequences pretty much confirmed that the Multiverse barriers broken by Loki and Kang are pretty much down; And I guess Feige has agreed to bring Venom into the MCU.

SONY and Marvel split the credit scenes, SONEY got the Venom bit and Marvel got to plug Dr. Strange two.

IMHO dead heat between Dafoe and Molina as the best Spidey VIllian.

And i laughed at the Flashpoint bit. I guess DC and Marvel will be tading jokes like this from now on...DC has gotten a blow wit he the Iron Man joke wesaw ibn the trailer for the Superpets movie.

I couldn't hear it during my sold out show on Friday night because my audience was starting to calm down from losing their shit when he stepped through the portal but I love that Ned refers to Tobey Peter as "just some random guy" after he makes his entrance. :hahaha:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I couldn't hear it during my sold out show on Friday night because my audience was starting to calm down from losing their shit when he stepped through the portal but I love that Ned refers to Tobey Peter as "just some random guy" after he makes his entrance. :hahaha:

Ned really had me in stitches throughout the lab screen when Tobey tells him about his best friend so Ned slowly approaches Tom all nervous and Tom looks at him like 😐

Start with the bad, still think the whole spell stuff is iffy and contrived and wish that whole plotline was written differently. That said, as far as the criticism of the mechanic of how everyone forgot about Peter, I don't think it's that complicated. Basically all records that would identify him to people who knew him would be erased probably, but stuff like his citizenship, passport, and whatnot probably would stay. I assume the spell would take care of all these complications on a case-by-case basis. 

As far as Peter helping the villains, I was initially skeptical, but it works well enough honestly, feels right in line with his character. Still, I think May's dialogue motivating this was sort of on the nose. 

Now for the good:

The ending and sacrifice. Really powerful, really emotional. Seeing that lonely apartment, the Palpatine minifigure and the beautiful final swing was just a perfect bookend to this trilogy. As a big fan of the last two movies, I was gutted but it felt like the right thing to do. When I saw the first trailer I thought that something like this was the only way I would like this multiverse plotline, and I'm very glad they went with it. It closes off this part of his life and also creates so much dramatic potential for the future. I just hope that it all doesn't just get quickly reset in the next film. This ending was way too powerful to just cast aside. 

For me Tom owned it as well as Andrew, but Tobey was also good, his character was just in a different place so he didn't have the fireworks of the other too. But having all 3 was a delight and their interactions were gold. That shot of all 3 swinging...awesome

Tom...man he just killed it. The bloodlust when he went after Goblin was genuine. Andrew saving MJ was a great moment for his character, and he just has that earnest energy that works really well. 

Goblin was perfect, best of the Raimi villains and killed it here. Loved Otto's final interaction with Tobey. 

May's death was genuinely affecting and the right place to deliver the "with great power" quote. 

• Like 2

At last went to a Dolby showing yesterday. About 80% full which is great for a noon time showing on Eve. Too many trailers. There was even one with Tom Holland(and Jake Gylenhall). No reaction at all to any trailers(even the batman one). 

Movie itself was the best one in this MCU spidey trilogy. I did not like how casual the whole spell stuff. Too casual and joking around without realizing what is the impact. But the movie picks up only when ock and others come in. Again did not like Tom Peter screwing up in trying to help the bad guys. Movie picks up big time when Andrew/Tobey showed up. That were the only moments the drab audience came into the life. I think that scene at Ned's house was the best one. Funny and it was awesome seeing Tobey back as Peter Parker. All the scenes with 3 spideys were awesome. Action at the end was too much CGI. I prefered the action in 2004 Spider-man 2. Still had a great finish with Strange completing the spell as he had originally intended and Tom Peter going to being friendly neighborhood spidey. I liked Venom mid credits, Strange 2 trailer(I had seen it online) did its job. Strange vs Evil Strange is what I see it as. Not sure its going to have anywhere close to the hype of Spiderman

Spoiler

unless rumors of Fassbender or Jackman coming in through another universe(Even then its going to be distant 2nd to Tobey/Andrew on NWH). 

Still kudos to MCU/Sony in building the hype that has generated insane BO. I think its Top 5 all time BO run considering the crazy circumstances and this will play well in streaming as well. Its kind of movie you want to check out few scenes over and over again.  

Edited by keysersoze123

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Really wish they had done a proper rewatch of the original Spider-Man movies before writing this script. Doc Ock and Sandman shouldn’t know Osborn was the Green Goblin and Electro never found out Peter’s identity

They simply came from a universe that had where they did know.  That's the great thing about multiverses... If there is slight continuity errors with someone being from Universe 1A, then they were really from Universe 1Ab.  ;)

After all, there are uncounted multiverses with various versions of, say, the RDJ Iron Man (as seen by What If), so why can't there be uncounted multiverses with the Tobey Spidey? It simply turns out that in one of them Doc Ock knew Osborn was the Green Goblin.

(and if this doesn't work, just remember not to sweat the small stuff when it comes to continuity 👍)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Porthos said:

They simply came from a universe that had where they did know.  That's the great thing about multiverses... If there is slight continuity errors with someone being from Universe 1A, then they were really from Universe 1Ab.  ;)

After all, there are uncounted multiverses with various versions of, say, the RDJ Iron Man (as seen by What If), so why can't there be uncounted multiverses with the Tobey Spidey? It simply turns out that in one of them Doc Ock knew Osborn was the Green Goblin.

(and if this doesn't work, just remember not to sweat the small stuff when it comes to continuity 👍)

True. There is term for that in MCU - "Variants"

People can laugh about it but that is the thing in MCU. Also, people say that Even Dr. Strange himself says "Good bye Peter" so he should have forgotten him is wrong. His whole 'MoM' will be consequence of what he did in NWH. At least trailers point to it that way. If he forgot Peter, how would he deal with consequences.