Cap

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread (December 2021 - July 2023)

1 hour ago, 21C said:

54 million for The Flash? Nah it can't go that bad.... can it? Idk that low seems as far-fetched to me as it crossing the 100 million mark. 65-85 still seems like the most reasonable outcomes.

I’d say like a 15% chance to go 54 or below vs .01% for 100M

Edited by Into the Legion-Verse
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, WebSurfer said:

It could be $50 for Elemental and $70-$80 for the Flash this weekend.

I feel like Elemental could be the film most helped by Father’s Day, cause it will work for the whole family. Everything else out there now, except Little Mermaid is probably 8-10 years and up.

Is the Juneteenth holiday a big day off?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

I feel like Elemental could be the film most helped by Father’s Day, cause it will work for the whole family. Everything else out there now, except Little Mermaid is probably 8-10 years and up.

needs to have some Father element as well though.

Like dads may be from Keaton's Batman era so want to watch The Flash or like Spiderverse where the dad's role is somewhat pivotal.

46 minutes ago, MattW said:

I don't recall any Tues/Wed opening movie giving discounts, I'm giving this a huge doubt.

I'm going off vague memory, but I just checked the release date, and the original Mission Impossible opened on a Tuesday. I distinctly remember seeing it opening night, and being surprised that they still offered the Tuesday discount.

13 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

needs to have some Father element as well though.

Like dads may be from Keaton's Batman era so want to watch The Flash or like Spiderverse where the dad's role is somewhat pivotal.

They’re using the fire dad in the marketing a lot

32 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

It's federal so all schools are out.

1 minute ago, Into the Legion-Verse said:

All those schoolchildren will be so happy to get a day off before returning to school on June 20 ;) 

New York schools are in session until June 23rd dude.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, VanillaSkies said:

I think a lot of people are off for it. Not sure it has fully caught on as a big box office day yet like Memorial Day or the 4th of July. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

"Elemental will open to 50" is giving huge "Lightyear will open to 80" vibes. Would not be shocked by an opening in the 20s. No kid is interested in this movie.

You realize this is the tracking thread right? People aren't making it up out of no where, it's from current tracking.

• Like 3