The Wild Eric

No Way Home Weekdays/Matrix & Sing Thread (12/20-23) | 37.1M Monday/32M Tues | King's Man 800K Previews

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

others are

Sing 2 - $7.8M (lemme check if this include early access or not. may be not)

Matrix - $6.2M

King's Man - $2.2M

Encanto - $0.9M

I guess Mickey's Law, not COVID, is what will kill theaters. This year sucked big time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AJG said:

Im trying to think of a franchise that died faster than Kingsman. Divergent?

Both got to 3 movies so I guess they had the same duration. Percy Jackson only got two.

• Like 1

Just now, AJG said:

This pic always reminds me of Fox's failed MCU competitor

fox-superheroes-ew-144524.jpg

Poor Channing.

At least we got 4 movies with parts of that cast after that picture was taken (Fant4stic, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix and Logan). Tatum being in there is legit hilarious tho.

Yeah tbh WB taking the L for studios (including giving theaters business when theaters started reopening) is pretty fascinating. Crazy to think how WW1984, TSS and now Matrix would've done with full theatrical exclusivity, great advertising and no obstacles in its way. 

Honestly this just shows how "well" Dune did. Part 2 should be huge. 

Edited by AdrianL

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

How much is Disney leaving at the table by releasing Encanto onto Disney Plus tomorrow? 

$30 million maybe? 
I think the fact people knew it was going on there months ago affected it too. With no Disney+ announcement I think it would have done closer to $180 million.  

7 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

how about that golden compass?

Im not sure. My rules for failure is that it has to have at least one sequel, or a blatant embarrassing sequel-bait cliffhanger ending that will never be resolved - like Azula in The Last Airbender

Summer-as-Azula-summer-bishil-16226571-3

Edited by AJG
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Eric Smith said:

I guess Mickey's Law, not COVID, is what will kill theaters. This year sucked big time.

At this point, I don't think we get another 150m non-Disney or Marvel movie outside of Jurassic World. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AJG said:

This pic always reminds me of Fox's failed MCU competitor

fox-superheroes-ew-144524.jpg

Poor Channing.

My favorite part about this photo will always be how Jackman and Reynolds are all smiles while everyone else is sporting expressions of indifference. They knew!