Eric is Quiet

No Way Home Weekdays/Matrix & Sing Thread (12/20-23) | 37.1M Monday/32M Tues | King's Man 800K Previews

1 hour ago, cookieleeann said:

As time goes on I keep appreciating Black Panther's run. 

That sht was wild from the get go. The thing pulled sub 40, heck, sub 30 drops one after another like it was nothing, without any major holidays besides its OW (albeit its run was slightly supported by Spring Break). Doesn't hurt that it's a beautiful movie too. I still remember the moment it cut to the credit sequence with All The Stars playing in the background. Amazing stuff.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

bro I am not a prophet. I just put my daily trend projection assuming it will drop like 36M for TUE but it dropped to 30-31. That's 15% higher drop than expected, so just minus 15% the projections from day 5 onward.

Just note to self. Don't trust Monday collections. wait till Tuesday.

7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

$32m

I know we are a small market which accounts for maybe ten percent of the box office, but they have destroyed the theatres here in Canada.  50% capacity and they can't sell any food or drink.  The reason films sky rocket on Tuesdays in NA is because of Canada.  It's cheap Tuesdays here.  Now that our theatres are restricted in so many ways, those Tuesday numbers aren't going to spike.  Blame our Prime Minister for putting the fear of omicron into everyone.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

I know we are a small market which accounts for maybe ten percent of the box office, but they have destroyed the theatres here in Canada.  50% capacity and they can't sell any food or drink.  The reason films sky rocket on Tuesdays in NA is because of Canada.  It's cheap Tuesdays here.  Now that our theatres are restricted in so many ways, those Tuesday numbers aren't going to spike.  Blame our Prime Minister for putting the fear of omicron into everyone.

Yes it's true I forgot about Canada

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Thats bad for theater owners.

• Like 1

The word of mouth is insane, you could have polled th, fri, sat, sun, or mon. Whenever a movie gets less than an A+ people (correctly) note how hard is but when an MCU movie gets an A+ it’s fans this not reflective that. Bullshit. Every movie has the people predisposed to like it come out earliest, why aren’t they getting A+s too? — because people don’t like them as much.

Edited by Weird Alegion
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Knights of Ren said:

People trying to act like this got an overhyped cinema score are just blindly looking away from the 99% all audience score and the 9/10 on IMDb. 

Don't think Cinemascore was overhyped at all. I believe it would have gotten an A+ even on Friday night. But that's not the case for most fandom driven movies. But an A+ on Friday would've been much more of a gauge of wom than an A+ on Thursday night. And I don't know a single casual moviegoer who takes the time to verify their ticket and vote on Rotten Tomatoes. 

NWH

RT: 99% 25k+ verified rating (4.9/5), 98% 50k+ all rating (4.9/5)

IMDB: 9/10 219k+

Letterbox: 4.3/5 263k+

If the cinemascore was not done on Thur's evening, and was done on Sat or Sun instead, I'm pretty sure it still got A+ .

Edited by Danhjpn

2 minutes ago, Weird Alegion said:

The word of mouth is insane, you could have polled th, fri, sat, sun, or mon. Whenever a movie gets less than an A+ people (correctly) note how hard is but when an MCU movie gets an A+ it’s fans this not reflective that. Bullshit. Every movie has the people predisposed to like it come out earliest, why aren’t they getting A+s too? — because people don’t like them as much.

We knew I2 was going over $550M even though that was uncharted territories for an animated film because of its A+ Cinemascore. Because the fandom bias was much less. It was basically a confirmation that a film would make at least 3 times its OW. It's not the case with fandom driven movies now. A mix of casuals and fandom is always preferred over fandom alone. 

CinemaScore® is the industry leader in measuring movie appeal among theatre audiences. 

CinemaScore is the industry leader in measuring movie appeal. We provide unbiased measurement of audience response that helps gauge movie appeal and success by polling movie audiences on opening night for their reaction to the latest major movie releases.

In 1978, CinemaScore was born when its founders saw a need for theatre audiences to have a “public voice” for their opinions about movie appeal. Professional movie critics often dominate public conversations in the news about movies; while movie critics’ interpretations are interesting and helpful, their reviews often emphasize a movie’s meaning, not whether the movie appealed to live audiences. And while a movie critic only provides a single perspective on a movie, a statistically robust sample of a national audience offers a broader and more varied point of view.

CinemaScore’s movie research brings the opinions of theatre audiences into the public arena. On opening night around the country, CinemaScore polls moviegoers for their opinions on new movie releases. Audience members fill out ballot cards right at the theatre, grading a movie A to F and providing demographic information. CinemaScore uses this direct balloting approach to establish a movie’s grade—its overall “CinemaScore.”

"Appeal" is the magical word.

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 1