The Wild Eric

No Way Home Weekdays/Matrix & Sing Thread (12/20-23) | 37.1M Monday/32M Tues | King's Man 800K Previews

2 hours ago, Agafin said:

Also while the Spidy number is still very good, it also further shows that TFA legs weren't just a result of its December opening, they were really anomalous for such a huge opening. I'm now certain that Endgame wouldn't have topped it (domestically) even if it was released in December.

Yeah, $27m seems pretty good, but TFA's first 17 days were so ungodly. Those weekdays were so unfathomable at the time (and still are tbh). Also had a feeling Matrix was going to disappoint, alas.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Orestes said:

This is why I like A-List. In the last week I've already seen NWH 1x in Dolby, 2x in IMAX, and seeing it in IMAX again on Saturday. On top of that, I saw The Kingsman today and will be seeing Licorice Pizza on Friday. Combine the other movies I saw/will see this month, and it averages out to like $2.60 a ticket.

That is a bit abnormal since I usually only go once a week, but even then it averages out to around 6 bucks a ticket.

And thus my point - one guy paying only $20/month has watched 4 PLF showings in one week...AMC subscribers WILDLY overindex for this format's popularity.  I'm betting if AMC even put a $1/charge/ticket for their subscribers to see things in PLF, you'd have almost no one there...just like 3d has almost no one there...

Encanto screen loss showing up pretty clearly. Also kids competition. If D+ And the 25th releases don’t hit it further though —

Moana added 37x its prexmas wed when Sing 1 opened

Tangled added 29x its dec 22nd wed (when true grit and little rockers opened)   

Encanto needs less than 16.5x for 100 (and I really really need it to hit 100 for winter game now that hwk and matrix are no go’s).

32 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

others are

Sing 2 - $7.8M (lemme check if this include early access or not. may be not)

Matrix - $6.2M

King's Man - $2.2M

Encanto - $0.9M

Jesus, that is brutal for Matrix

LMAO King’s Man tho, that’s less than half of Assassin’s Creed OD

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

@Daxtreme that do number in Quebec is absolutely astounding. I guess quebecers really do support dennis Villeneuve.

I forget how much Titanic made in Quebec but I remember back in 1998 there was a movie theater in Quebec that claimed it was the first theater in the world to gross 1 million dollars for the movie. The province of Quebec really does love its movies and I'm sure Spider-Man was on Pace to do massive numbers there as well.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

others are

Matrix - $6.2M

King's Man - $2.2M

Encanto - $0.9M

Those are... awful lol. Not sure why my area over-indexed SO HARD for Sing.

• Disbelief 1

37 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

others are

Matrix - $6.2M

King's Man - $2.2M

Encanto - $0.9M

The most expected numbers ever - Spidey wave plus Covid wave equals everything else mediocre to awful...which is what this is...I fear for the Dec 25 releases more, although King's Man - damn - that movie could have made more money in any slot anywhere this year...

Speaking of King's Man, my theater has literally presold no tickets for the Xmas day 7 and 10pm showings (and it only has 4 showings that day)...if I was the theater, and I saw how this was doing, I'd scratch those showings now for more Spidey...

I mean, how can you not presell Christmas frickin' day 7pm slots?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

others are

Matrix - $6.2M

King's Man - $2.2M

Encanto - $0.9M

Wow, that’s very poor. Even with its sneaks added, Sing 2 is under $10m. Obviously it’ll probably benefit most over the next 10 days. 

Edited by Krissykins

One of these must be true, no?

a). I mean from what i have been hearing Omicron doesn't effect movie grosses - people are ready to see movies that can offer 'em what they want.

So, King's Men/Sing 2/Matrix 4 would have made same regardless.

b). Omicron is really affecting Box-Office. Spidey would have gross 10-15% more than it has. King's Men/Sing 2/Matrix 4 would have grossed in double digit at least, it's Christmas.

c). Omicron doesn't exist only for Spidey Fans cuz we are suicidal type. For other movie fans, it exist.

d). All of above....

Edited by Shanks
  • Like 6