Shawn Robbins

TALKBACK: What movie (not already announced) would you like to see re-made in 3D?

• Founder / Operator

This week's question is inspired by the re-release of Titanic in 3D. We'll have the selected answers from last week posted soon!For my monies' worth, The Lord of the Rings has to be one of the most obvious candidates. The Battle for Minas Tirith just screams "3D" -- if converted properly. Even something as simple as the beacon-lighting sequence.

Wizard of Oz or something. IDK, I don't really go for 3D re-releases, unless it's animated. I bet WALL-E would look pretty awesome in 3D.

We may be getting that wish soonhttp://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/03/02/john-carter-producers-jim-morris-and-lindsey-collins-on-carter-finding-nemo-3d-and-wall-e-3d/I also second the Lord of the Rings trilogy. That would look incredible.

Apollo 13.Although 3D wouldn't add to the scenes set on Earth, they could be great with the launch, the shots of the shuttle drifting through space, and the three astronauts moving through in zero gravity. It would be a no-brainer to shoot in 3D if it was being made today.

The NeverEnding Story- I just want this film to be rediscovered by the audience and if it a 3D format will make it possible, then I'm all for it. It's a lovely, fantasy piece that is almost forgotten