Eric Duncan

Weekday Numbers (1/3-6) | 7.9 Spider Monday

28 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

2011 Tuesdays and 2022 Tuesday aren't even in the same galaxy, cmon.

I've been speaking for a week about the 2011 pattern.... there is a reason it exists. The holiday was extended by 1 day for many with Today being the first school day back. Add to that, the weak ass Tuesdays in general since COVID and its right in line with where it should be. Will be down another 20-25% tomorrow I imagine before leveling off on Thursday - only due to lack of openers and previews. 

Friday should be around the 150% mark to make up for the difference. 

Should still be aiming for 30m+ 4th weekend. 

Edited by narniadis
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I've been speaking for a week about the 2011 pattern.... there is a reason it exists. The holiday was extended by 1 day for many with Today being the first school day back. Add to that, the weak ass Tuesdays in general since COVID and its right in line with where it should be. Will be down another 20-25% tomorrow I imagine before leveling off on Thursday - only due to lack of openers and previews. 

Agree with everything except the Friday bump. I'm thinking more like +100/+70/-35.

33 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I know about the calendar. 2011 isn't a good comp for Tuesday because the nature of Tuesdays is quite different since then. It's true that 2021 Tues weren't back at full 2018/2019 levels but still quite a bit stronger than beginning of the decade.

NWH is having a weak Tuesday here. It's had 3 weak Tuesdays im a row. It's not fine/perfectly normal/exactly as expected, it's not a disaster either, Wednesday will tell the tale. A 20-25% drop there would be pretty awful, but if Friday bounces enough (I'd be on more like 120 for now) it could still be alright.

14 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Without holiday leftovers on Monday, you would have had Monday around 5.25. 5.9 Tuesday is good. 

5.9 from a 5.25 is bad though 😛    

I guess Friday is the real make or break, so we’ll just have to see.

6 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Better than horrific doesn't make good 😛

I know we are all joking around and having fun, but if you are being serious, well you had some unrealistic expectations.

Slash 1M off this number, and it will still be good.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 5
  • Disbelief 1

44 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I know we are all joking around and having fun, but if you are being serious, well you had some unrealistic expectations.

Slash 1M off this number, and it will still be good.

Not joking around, realistic expectations. Number is kind of weak. 1M less and….. yeeeeeeeesh man, truly the pits.   

It’s basically on par with comps from when tues wasn’t boosted, but in a time when tues is boosted. No two ways to slice it, that is below median reasonable hopes 🤷‍♂️

Maybe people didn’t like that 1M headline, or maybe it’ll recover with some solid wed/Th/fri horizontals and be irrelevant. 

Edited by Product Driven Legion
  • ...wtf 1

26 minutes ago, Movie nerd said:

Some poeple in this thread are either really boring ass trolls or are really moronic, hard to tell. 

When this is your opinion, the better answer is probably that you are the moron.

• Like 1

$5.9M is a bit lower than I’d hoped for but it’s still 75% of TFA’s equivalent Tuesday, which is right in line with how I expected things to go post 3rd weekend. Actually a bit higher since I’m thinking NWH be closer to 2/3 TFA post 3rd weekend the rest of the way.

41 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

When this is your opinion, the better answer is probably that you are the moron.

Nah, you are just spitting out nonsense after nonsense about No Way Home run lately, constantly bitching about it and complaining, so I was just curious if you are for serious or just trolling, apparently it's the former so that's big yikes on the spikes. 

I think Spider-Man’s numbers are fine. At this point, does its dailies even matter? It’s already a massive/top ten grossing film of all time. Fantastic run!!! 

With that said, I’ve had disagreements with Legion too. But I know that he is here just having fun and providing his interesting perspective per usual. No need to name call. We don’t want to derail this thread.  

• Like 5