Eric Lasagna

Weekend Thread (1/21-23) | Asgard 2 says 3.5 Fri for Scream, 3.4 Spider-Man

5 hours ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Eh, it’s pretty hard to say. Being harder to fit into someone’s schedule probably did hurt endgame on the margin — how could it not? Titanic, rotk, etc etc.   

Now you’re right that really long movies are often some of the best performers of all time despite that, so it’s not a big issue by any means. But a lot of the time I think that’s a common confounder — the movie is very “epic” (either some historical epic or franchise finale) which both generates a long ass runtime and a very high desire to see it, which more than outweighs any more direct causal harms from being mega long.   

If Batman feels like a movie that needed to be 3 hours, I agree it’ll do gangbusters according to historical precedent. If it feels like a movie that’s 3 hours but didn’t need to be, that’s where you can have issues on net.

The movie will be raved and the runtime is already buzzy meaning many expect an epic film and are pleased about the runtime 

• ...wtf 1

30 minutes ago, Product Driven Legion said:

That Belle number should lock it up for me in the derby. @RiddlerXXR may always have the first post-covid win but I’ll always have the first second post-covid win 😛 

Everyone remembers the first, not the next ;) 

I'm the Neil Armstrong to your...

See, I don't remember. 

J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

• Haha 1