Eric S'ennui

President's Day Weekend Thread: Uncharted 3.7 Previews, Dog 1.26

21 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

Seeing as Tom Holland is an executive producer on this movie, if he cares about being in good movies, he should pull a similar card to Tom Hardy with Venom and kick Ruben Fleischer out of the Director's chair for the sequel.

I'll only accept it if the Uncharted sequel gets really, really gay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

22 minutes ago, Pinacolada said:

Seeing as Tom Holland is an executive producer on this movie, if he cares about being in good movies, he should pull a similar card to Tom Hardy with Venom and kick Ruben Fleischer out of the Director's chair for the sequel.

I mean Venom 2 was worse than Venom 1 which wasn’t even that good to begin with

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Speaking of video game movies, I’m curious on how Sonic 2 will perform. It can either be a Ninja Turtles 2 and have a hefty drop despite the fan favorite additions like Knuckles (NT2 had Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady) due to heavy competition (as even though Morbius and Beasts 3 are uncertain, they could in theory due well (Marvel is GA Catnip and Beasts 3 will take away showings from Sonic)  and the debate on whether or not families will come back for family movies or it can benefit from the lack of family films as Sing 2 approaching 150m is a great sign for it even though it dropped from Sing 1 and overperform. It could be the biggest family film until Minions 2 if things go right.

Edited by YourMother

21 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Speaking of video game movies, I’m curious on how Sonic 2 will perform. It can either be a Ninja Turtles 2 and have a hefty drop despite the fan favorite additions like Knuckles (NT2 had Krang, Bebop and Rocksteady) due to heavy competition (as even though Morbius and Beasts 3 are uncertain, they could in theory due well (Marvel is GA Catnip and Beasts 3 will take away showings from Sonic)  and the debate on whether or not families will come back for family movies or it can benefit from the lack of family films as Sing 2 approaching 150m is a great sign for it even though it dropped from Sing 1 and overperform. It could be the biggest family film until Minions 2 if things go right.

sonic 2 $200m+. Tails, James Marsden, Eggman's assistant spinoff shows announced soon after to go along with the knuckles one. P+ is going to become a sonic streaming service. this franchise is gonna hard carry Paramount through the 2020s.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

sonic 2 $200m+. Tails, James Marsden, Eggman's assistant spinoff shows announced soon after to go along with the knuckles one. P+ is going to become a sonic streaming service. this franchise is gonna hard carry Paramount through the 2020s.

As somebody who grew up playing Sonic Heroes/Sonic Riders every day after school, I wholeheartedly approve.

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Put me in one of the biggest movies of all time. I will be the first 20 year old to open a film to 40 mil.

Leo flopped after Titanic as far as I remember... it's not a guarantee. 

Tom has made plenty of movies since he's Spider-Man and only now he's getting another hit

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Eric Drake said:

As somebody who grew up playing Sonic Heroes/Sonic Riders every day after school, I wholeheartedly approve.

Just wait until we get the R rated Shadow the Hedgehog movie with Joaquin Phoenix that gets 10 Oscar nominations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

In a more pleasant world, maybe. Now, who knows? It can either play out like Venom 2... or Bay!Turtles 2.

Why would it play like Turtles 2? The first Sonic was well liked. I agree with @Mango, i sense a Sonic 2 breakout big. 80M is not outta question if families are willing to come back

All I want for the Sonic franchise is for it to get so big that every journalist is out there asking 70 year old directors what they think of Sonic movies and they’re all like “fucking Sonic movies! they say nothing about the human condition!”

• Like 4
  • Haha 5