Eric Prime

THE BATMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 134M OW DOM, 258.2M WW | Biggest WB opening since BvS. First non Disney-affiliated 100M OW since 2018

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

Respectfully to the people of this site, the numbers thrown around in public have been $150m. Coming in at $110-120m is well below those, no spinning it.

In time you will come to understand that this website is about the best resource there is. Guys like Jat/Rth and the beasts in the tracking thread are better sources than you will ever find on sites meant for mass consumption like yahoo. 

3 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Honestly i can't see how this will miss 120M even if Friday ended up being 33.4M like Deadline said, but they always do that lowballing for OW so whatever 

Still early so hopefully walkups will bring it closer to 37-38M to +130M OW

Don’t think 130 is happening but 120 is reasonable. I think it should shoot for No Way Homes opening day of 121.9m 

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Respectfully to the people of this site, the numbers thrown around in public have been $150m. Coming in at $110-120m is well below those, no spinning it.

Yes it's below those. It also partially speaks to the quality of predictions from some of those people in public. No disrespect to @Shawn who I love (and excluding from those people I am dissing). Like why would I trust Yahoo on their predictions over the people who follow this on a much closer basis?

Didn't Deadline and Variety just peg it at "well over 100" which technically this still qualifies for? Not that they're any better either.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

In time you will come to understand that this website is about the best resource there is. Guys like Jat/Rth and the beasts in the tracking thread are better sources than you will ever find on sites meant for mass consumption like yahoo. 

None of those people impact public perception which is what I am referring to. I don't see RTH making long term predictions and JAT doesn't decide what the publics view of reasonable standard is. 

None of those people impact public perception which is what I am referring to. I don't see RTH making long term predictions and JAT doesn't decide what the publics view of reasonable standard is. 

The public largely doesn't give a flying fuck and has no reference other than "big".  $120m or $150m is the same to them.  They don't give a shit.  

• Like 1

The public knows less than nothing about this stuff. Their perception means nothing. it shouldn’t be important to you. It’s often as simple as finding a nice round number that looks good in a headline for them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Derpity said:

The opening four words of the story are:

"Comscore is back online"

Well, they are not correct.  It isn't, at least not even close to completely and shitloads of data isn't loading.  

• Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Deadline is just going off nothing with the $55m Friday.  

ComScore is still completely down.  

Hmm, I can always expect Deadline to fudge numbers, but it would be surprising if they straight up lied about Comscore being back online. Possibly it's back up for their source even if still down for you? 

2 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

The public largely doesn't give a flying fuck and has no reference other than "big".  $120m or $150m is the same to them.  They don't give a shit.  

2 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

The public knows less than nothing about this stuff. Their perception means nothing. it shouldn’t be important to you. It’s often as simple as finding a nice round number that looks good in a headline for them. 

The perception of this film, if it does open to $110m, is that it is a rather large disappointment relative to the general expectation. That is the takeaway.

Edited by excel1

Just now, excel1 said:

The perception of this film, if it does open to $110m, is that it is a rather large disappointment relative to the general expectation. 

Says who?  You think Joe and Carol from Wisconsin give a shit if it is $110m or $150m?  

• Knock It Off 1

2 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Hmm, I can always expect Deadline to fudge numbers, but it would be surprising if they straight up lied about Comscore being back online. Possibly it's back up for their source even if still down for you? 

Nope.  It doesn't work like that.  

1 minute ago, Pinacolada said:

I'm sorry but I personally think she's trying way too hard and I see right through it. Twitter's godlike praise for her is so weird

This is the same lady that has attempted to start multiple culture wars about Hulu cancelling her dumb show that like 6 people watched. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Gonna be a fun weekend as expected lol 

On 3/1/2022 at 5:37 PM, Villain Legion said:

Oh, this is open already? Guess I’ll put the meltdown bar here:  

$121,964,712

Updated detail view:

splits Prev % 39.27%
TueWed $4,000,000  
Th $17,600,000  
True Fri $33,400,000 1.55
Sat $39,078,000 17.00%