Eric Lasagna

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire | March 29, 2024 | They're boyfriends now

2 minutes ago, XXR Delayed Until 2025 said:

**Me, looking at the Monsterverse with a biggest film @ $524M**

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

**Me, looking at the MCU with disappointment after disappointment and with having the biggest bomb of the decade in The Marvels @ under 200M WW**

Spoiler

All fun and all, but honestly, right now this movie probably has a better chance at breaking even then a Marvel movie would

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Okay. We are doing the everything is going to flop, underperform and looks like shit thing. God this place is so fun.

People have the right to be negative on something just like you have the right to be positive on something.

• Like 1

Just now, Eric Wonka said:

People have the right to be negative on something just like you have the right to be positive on something.

Impossible. I thought people only ever have 1 opinion on everthing and everyone always agrees?

I can’t believe trailers are still doing that thing where they use slowed down covers of pre-existing songs. Is that practice ever going to die? 

8 minutes ago, XXR Delayed Until 2025 said:

**Me, looking at the Monsterverse with a biggest film @ $524M**

Awkward Oh No GIF by CBC

Kong: Skull Island actually has the biggest worldwide gross of any of these movies. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I can’t believe trailers are still doing that thing where they use slowed down covers of pre-existing songs. Is that practice ever going to die? 

Kong: Skull Island actually has the biggest worldwide gross of any of these movies. 

Deserved. Monkey > Stinky Lizard

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

The trajectory of the MonsterVerse is really similar to the Showa series of Godzilla. Both start out with very serious movies (Gojira / G14), then the following movies remain some serious elements, but lean more and more into sillier monster mash / sci-fi and fantasy elements (Godzilla vs Mothra, Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster/ Kong: Skull Island, King of the Monsters) and then come to a point where its all silly nonsense, but good fun nonetheless (Destroy all Monsters / GvK and now GxK: New Empire).

If this trend continues, we should get an even more sillier and extremely childish movie down the road like with Godzillas Revenge and then that movie will flop so hard that Legendary/WB will be forced to put Godzilla in a 10 year hiatus before rebooting it again with a very serious tone like what happened with The Return of Godzilla at the beginning of the Heisei Series.

• Like 1

Maybe it's just post Minus One hype but this looks bleh. GvK was my least fav of the Monsterverse and this just looks like more of the same I didn't care for. Still a day 1 bc I'm a slut for Godzilla but can't say I'm super hyped.

PLEASE I BEG OF YOU BRING BACK BEAR MCCREARY AT LEAST TO SCORE 

The Junkie XL score to the last one is a bottom 5 worst of the decade score, actively killed every hype moment 😵‍💫

4 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

Maybe it's just post Minus One hype but this looks bleh. GvK was my least fav of the Monsterverse and this just looks like more of the same I didn't care for. Still a day 1 bc I'm a slut for Godzilla but can't say I'm super hyped.

PLEASE I BEG OF YOU BRING BACK BEAR MCCREARY AT LEAST TO SCORE 

The Junkie XL score to the last one is a bottom 5 worst of the decade score, actively killed every hype moment 😵‍💫

I completely get that, but on the other hand, i think its kind of great that we both get the serious, thematically-rich and thought-provoking Godzilla with Minus One as well as the dumb monster action kind with this one.

But yeah, unfortunately JunkieXL returns to score this one, so i dont expect anything good with the music.

• Thanks 1