Eric Loves Rey

Weekdays Thread (3/21-24) | Batman 2.86 Monday

45 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

Big drop, but in line with Captain Marvel and much of the top 10 due to inflated weekdays last week. Seeing 380-390 DOM.

If it does 390M I see WB pushing it to 400M. At least I hope they do that, it's a very relevant milestone...

1 hour ago, Flamengo81 said:

If it does 390M I see WB pushing it to 400M. At least I hope they do that, it's a very relevant milestone...

The question is how will they do that if it is already on HBOMax

Apparently even some of the old guard forgets the post Spring break adjustment? 🤔

Holds are fine, week over weeks will look bad but it was all inflated. Friday / Saturday this weekend will be better than last week increase wise. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Apparently even some of the old guard forgets the post Spring break adjustment? 🤔

Holds are fine, week over weeks will look bad but it was all inflated. Friday / Saturday this weekend will be better than last week increase wise. 

To be fair, we haven't had a normal Spring Break in a long time. :lol: 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Apparently, even some of the old guard forgets the post Spring break adjustment? 🤔

Holds are fine, week over weeks will look bad, but it was all inflated. Friday/Saturday this weekend will be better than last week increase wise. 

Get these bitches again! Get them for me, hehe.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Eric Says Trans Rights said:

To be fair, we haven't had a normal Spring Break in a long time. :lol: 

This is true 😂 I should peruse the threads around the 15/16/17 seasons. I seem to remember there being some mighty wild back and forths, especially in family films. 

Then again, I remember when during the school year it wasnt unusual for animated films to have 250-300% Fridays 🤷‍♂️ much has changed over the last two decades. 

Exhibitors and rival distributors are hopeful that The Lost City will finally draw in female audiences. Yesterday, NRG reported that moviegoers’ comfort levels during the pandemic are at an all-time high with 83% being very or somewhat comfortable. Also, women over 35, who are part of Lost City‘s target, grew to 78% very or somewhat comfortable level, +3 points from a week ago. Those women under 35, also a hot audience for the Aaron and Adam Nee directed title, stand at 88% positive in regards to being very or somewhat comfortable at the cinema now, while men over 35, who are expected to tag along with their wives or dates, stand at 79%.

Back over Valentine’s Day weekend, two female-centric movies didn’t exactly dazzle in their openings: 20th Century Studio’s Death on the Nile ($12.8M opening) and Universal’s Jennifer Lopez-Owen Wilson romantic comedy Marry Me, which was further reduced by its same day availability on the paid tier of streaming service Peacock; that title debuting to $7.9M. For the most part, the female demographic in the current pandemic marketplace hasn’t had a lot of direct content targeting in what has largely been filled with male-heavy action/sci-fi/comic book titles. What’s been noticeable about female moviegoers’ tendencies during the pandemic, is that while they’re more comfortable about heading back to theaters, they’re still aware of the risk and often look to avoid busy showtimes or attend over opening weekend.

Interesting from Deadline