Eric Loves Rey

Weekdays Thread (3/21-24) | Batman 2.86 Monday

Agree with Deadline: the next 5 weeks have a constant onslaught of new, different, high profile releases and covid isn’t as real a reason anymore. This will be the test for cinemas leading into summer. 

I’m still expecting $30m+ for The Lost City and would be disappointed with an opening in the 20’s. 

8 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Well, the new COVID sub variant is rising which will cause major uptick in cases. We will see how much that influences current mindset. People might just wait until May for Dr Strange

All those who is vaccinated will have no problems. And most unvaccinated will stay out of hospitals. 
We have had that BA1 and BA2 surge here for 2 months without any major problems. Cases were skyhigh and it spreads like fire but very few will have more than Flu symptomes. Now we reached heard immunity of some sort
Life is 99% normal here and i doubt BO will suffer much. Spring and summer is also near

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Well, the new COVID sub variant is rising which will cause major uptick in cases. We will see how much that influences current mindset. People might just wait until May for Dr Strange

We’ve had an uptick in cases here in the UK, but no one is really paying much attention anymore. Batman and Sing 2 both just passed £30m. 

Even much older skewing films are doing great business (The Duke, Belfast etc).

Edited by Krissykins

16 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I’m still expecting $30m+ for The Lost City and would be disappointed with an opening in the 20’s. 

Variety says it cost 68m. Hard to believe that number but if true, an opening in the 20's would be ok for a sub 70m budget. 

Not sure why people call these drops bad or anything. Batman is down 69% from two weeks ago, but that was opening Tuesday and big films shave off a substantial demand in the first week. Uncharted is down just 21%, and No Way Home is down just 26%. Better wait for Fri bumps before jumping to conclusions. 

Edited by Tokugennumataka
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Tokugennumataka said:

Not sure why people call these drops bad or anything. Batman is down 69% from two weeks ago, but that was opening Tuesday and big films shave off a substantial demand in the first week. Uncharted is down just 21%, and No Way Home is down just 26%. Better wait for Fri bumps before jumping to conclusions. 

People expect it to cross 400m dom. But the recent drops do not look promising.

1 hour ago, Villain Legion said:

Legion Weekend Forecast 

Lost City 32.5M (26-36)

Batman 21.1M

RRR 8.5M

Uncharted 5.95M

JJK 5M

Dog 3

X 2.4M

NWH 2.15M

Sing 1.45M

You expect Sing to stay flat? Expecting more of a 25 - 30% drop

5 minutes ago, Gbopemi said:

You expect Sing to stay flat? Expecting more of a 25 - 30% drop

Singalong version this weekend, gaining 10-20% locations and I would guess more showtimes than that. I consider an increase a bit more likely than decrease.

Edited by Villain Legion
  • Thanks 1