Eric the Minion

Weekend Thread (3/25-27) | Asgard 2 says 11.75 Sat for Lost City

Saw TLC yesterday. It was pretty good. I am just enjoy these adventure movies and it's cool to have Uncharted and TLC release so close to one another. 

Man I could use a Mummy again with Brendan Frasier back. With James Bond's wife of course as the lead actress and not the other chick.

• Like 3

31M OW is a great starting point for a final DOM gross of 100-120M, should the WOM be good enough. Since that seems to be the case i see no reason why Lost City should fail to get there.

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

31M OW is a great starting point for a final DOM gross of 100-120M, should the WOM be good enough. Since that seems to be the case i see no reason why Lost City should fail to get there.

Competition and screens could get in the way. 

• Like 1

Always surprised we do not get more big-budget jungle adventure films. Long track record of them being extremely popular escapist entertainment settings. 

The Lost City Paramount Pi… $31,000,000   4,253   $7,289 $31,000,000 1
- (2) Jujutsu Kaisen 0: The Movie FUNimation $4,575,435 -75% 2,418 +132 $1,892 $27,719,156 2
- (4) X A24 $2,229,531 -48% 2,920 +55 $764 $8,298,028 2
- N Infinite Storm Bleecker Street $751,296   1,525   $493 $751,296 1
- N Everything Everywhere All At Once A24 $509,659   10   $50,966 $509,659 1
- (-) jackass forever Paramount Pi… $170,000 -67% 568 -331 $299 $57,663,732 8
- (-) Scream Paramount Pi… $145,000 -39% 213 -195 $681

$81,621,102

• Like 2

It's now fair to say that Sandra Bullock is the biggest female box office star of the last 30+ years. Julia Roberts' peak from 1990-2000 is unmatched but Sandra's longevity gives her the edge. And obviously no one today compares. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Always surprised we do not get more big-budget jungle adventure films. Long track record of them being extremely popular escapist entertainment settings. 

Im actually expecting big things from National Treasure 3 when it will come out. Adventure movies, when beeing well-made, are more often then not winners at the box office.

Btw, all National Treasure 3 has to do to earn 1 Billion in the US alone is having Jon Travolta as the villain.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Movies4Life said:

Hell Yeah!

Paramount should be blessed that 2022 is their comeback year. Can't wait to see if Sonic the Hedgehog 2 does open to $100M as some people here in BOT have suggested it could.

It won't. If it even hits $75M I'd be surprised. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Im actually expecting big things from National Treasure 3 when it will come out. Adventure movies, when beeing well-made, are more often then not winners at the box office.

Btw, all National Treasure 3 has to do to earn 1 Billion in the US alone is having Jon Travolta as the villain.

Is NT3 happening? I am here for it, and getting everyone back. 

Also here for a new Brenda Fraiser / Rachel Weisz Mummy. 

• Like 2

I did a Channing double feature of both Dog and The Lost City yesterday and the theater was slammed. The audience for the latter laughed consistently throughout the movie. It's going to have good legs and cross $100M+, quite easily too.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Maggie said:

TLC is Paramount's biggest opening this year. It's great and kinda sad that it's only 31M. Sonic will hopefully at least double it.

Not bad at all when everything they’ve opened has been around $30m. Lost City, Scream and Jackass. With the former two covering their budgets opening weekend. Three #1 hits in a row. 

Sandra Bullock opening #1 films in 4 different decades. Amazing. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, Flopped said:

Is NT3 happening? I am here for it, and getting everyone back. 

It's in stasis right now. The last major development regarding that one was in January of 2020... And then two months later we all know what happened.

They're now making a Disney+ reboot series starring a young, fresh-faced PoC, which is far more sensible (and no doubt cheaper) to me than trying to get Cage back when he's just going to decline anyway. Also, non-CBM blockbusters have been largely inconsistent as far as returns go as of late, and Disney's original live-action efforts have been failing miserably this past decade. It wouldn't have been financially feasible.

Oh, and I almost forgot: the Capitol raid. Some of the imagery coming out of that would have no doubt made a third National Treasure seem insensitive.

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester