YM!

April 8th-10th Weekend Thread | $72m OW Sonic 2, biggest Paramount opener since 2014, $8.69m OW for AmbuLAnce, $6m+ for EEAAO

4 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

It kinda serves them right. Throwing Depp under the bus and blamed FB2's underperformance 100% on him.

Was he box-office poison by then? Absolutely. But putting it squarely on him instead of reassessing everything internally was atrocious.

They deserve this.

think it has more to do with the second movie arguably being one of the worst blockbusters ever made. The whole soap opera thing with the baby and shit near the end. WTF!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

think it has more to do with the second movie arguably being one of the worst blockbusters ever made. The whole soap opera thing with the baby and shit near the end. WTF!

In a world where Transformers 4, Fan4stic, that horrid Lion King remake, and WW84 exist? it can't possibly be that bad.

Edited by CrashBandicoot81

I really wonder how much FB3 can make next weekend. I'm thinking in the 45M range but sub-40 wouldn't surprise me.

Sub 40 would effectively end the franchise. Hopefully FB3 doesn't end with sequel teases and instead feels like a closed off ending because FB4 may not be guaranteed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

It kinda serves them right. Throwing Depp under the bus and blamed FB2's underperformance 100% on him.

Was he box-office poison by then? Absolutely. But putting it squarely on him instead of reassessing everything internally was atrocious.

They deserve this.

Not to mention JK Rowling being a massive piece of shit

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

just wondering with roland emmerich and michael bay bombing out what ever happened to my other favourite Dumbass Auteur Stephen Sommers? It's time for a comeback the world needs him.

There will be zero Mummy slander here on my watch!!

The Mummy Cat GIF

12 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

I will never understanding spending time and money to watch a movie for a meme or "lolz"

@filmlover someone here clearly has never experienced the joy of Ryan Murphy. 

ALSO!!

MODERATION: 

We literally have another week before fantastic beasts. Let’s hold off on the JK Rowling talk for at least a week. We were doing so well this weekend without bringing her name into things.

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I really wonder how much FB3 can make next weekend. I'm thinking in the 45M range but sub-40 wouldn't surprise me.

Sub 40 would effectively end the franchise. Hopefully FB3 doesn't end with sequel teases and instead feels like a closed off ending because FB4 may not be guaranteed.

I'm thinking borderline $40M.

Just booked IMAX Friday night tickets for my lovely love wife and I (Movie Date Night) and it was maybe 20% occupied. 

Edited by filmnerdjamie

1 minute ago, Cap said:

There will be zero Mummy slander here on my watch!!

The Mummy Cat GIF

@filmlover someone here clearly has never experienced the joy of Ryan Murphy. 

ALSO!!

MODERATION: 

We literally have another week before fantastic beasts. Let’s hold off on the JK Rowling talk for at least a week. We were doing so well this weekend without bringing her name into things.

It has opened internationally though 👀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The Tracking Team's pretty all over the place, but I think 45M sounds about right. It's the one and only outcome where we all end up fighting over whether the movie is under/overperforming and whether WB will actually continue the Beasts storyline, so it makes sense that the "worst result" is what happens at the end.

Is anyone else surprised that Sony hasn’t already announced they’re moving forward with an Uncharted 2? I mean, I’m fairly certain a sequel would decrease, the first felt like a lightning-in-a-bottle, released at the right time hit that rode the NWH wave. But still, it’s a pretty huge success if you ask me, and normally a studio would greenlight the hell out of a sequel to a movie like this.

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Is anyone else surprised that Sony hasn’t already announced they’re moving forward with an Uncharted 2? I mean, I’m fairly certain a sequel would decrease, the first felt like a lightning-in-a-bottle, released at the right time hit that rode the NWH wave. But still, it’s a pretty huge success if you ask me, and normally a studio would greenlight the hell out of a sequel to a movie like this.

Probably gets news at CinemaCon is my guess.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

There's gotta be at least 4 more. Drakes Fortune, Among Thieves, Drake's Deception and A Thief's End 👀

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Warner Bros. hasn't officially announced The Batman sequel either. Which I kinda suspect could be at CinemaCon next week. 

2 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Warner Bros. hasn't officially announced The Batman sequel either. Which I kinda suspect could be at CinemaCon next week. 

I think that may be a combination of Cinemacon and holding off on movie announcements till the merger closed. There haven't been any new WB movies dated for the past month since it became clear the merger was closing in early April.

The dates and movies they have held off on will likely be unveiled over this coming week.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Is The Batman the most successful superhero reboot adjusted for inflation?

Homecoming adjusted to 2020 is 350 mil, so adding 17% inflation since + premium ticket pricing and Batman is still behind 

Edited by BruiseCruise
Info
  • Like 2