YM!

April 8th-10th Weekend Thread | $72m OW Sonic 2, biggest Paramount opener since 2014, $8.69m OW for AmbuLAnce, $6m+ for EEAAO

29 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

How was Half Blood prince rated PG? It's like the one where everyone is horny for each other. 

22 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I think the film having zombies and a very depressing ending where everyone is sad helped make it PG instead of PG-13.

Some of the other Harry Potter films had a PG-rating as well, like the first three films for example. Philosopher’s/Sorcerer’s Stone, Chamber of Secrets & Prisoner of Azkaban were PG-rated like Half-Blood Prince. One half of the Potter films were PG and the other half was PG-13.

Imagine if all the Potter films were PG, instead of just the half of them.

2 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

I like Bad Guys trailer...that said, I used my kids' Cinemark monthly credit already, so it's gonna take quite a ticket deal to get me to go in to see it.  I imagine that will be the case for a lot of families who watched Sonic (aka, they don't tend to be "buy 2 full sets of family tickets/month)...

Yeah, I'm hopeful, but have felt they really kept themselves vulnerable with their release date. Sonic is likely still going to be doing big numbers by that point. 

I'll be taking the family, but, that's partly due to us deciding that Dr Strange will be too much for the kids, and, lack of any suitable kids fare for a while, that going twice in a month doesn't bother me. But, other families will be different. Especially since the overlap between Bad Guys and Sonic is high in terms of core audience. 

Bad Guys really should have taken the March date left by Turning Red. It would have filled a big void. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cap said:

The idea that a movie about teen girls going through the “facts of life” is controversial is insane to me.

I get conservatives are conservative. But I think there’s another word for it too!!!

I don't know I mean it is rated PG. if parents don't want there kids watching, it then they just can do parenting and not let them. but there are so many more mature movies parents let their kids watch soo.,,

I also don't have kids so I can't say for sure. but it would most likely fly over little kids heads and older kids should be learning about it anyways by then imo (9/10 and up really).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AJG said:

American conservatives are the most baffling people on the planet. They saw a box of tampons and called it “controversial”.

It's probably not really that many conservatives tbh.. besides most of the conservatives that would be angered by it, already quit watching Disney a while ago.  the media loves to decide people so if they can find a group of people that does something that can get people angry and divide people they will. 

• ...wtf 1

13 hours ago, Cap said:

Close. Sexism. 

I mean how many movies have there been about prepubescent boys Being gross? And that’s totally fine. Nothing to freak out about it all.

Maybe if we taught people to treat tween/teenage girls like people They wouldn’t be so concerned about a period.

The Simpsons Burn Bridge GIF

I mean I don't think Disney has ever made an animated movie about boys starting puberty. it's pretty icky and would be way more controversial if they got into the details of male puberty. (more so then them starting to like girls, get whiskers ect...) but ok. I mean yeah they have been movies, but they are not kids movies. 

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 2

24 minutes ago, Kalo said:

I mean I don't think Disney has ever made an animated movie about boys starting puberty. it's pretty icky and would be way more controversial if they got into the details of male puberty. (more so then them starting to like girls, get whiskers ect...) but ok. I mean yeah they have been movies, but they are not kids movies. 

Teen Wolf and Spider-man 1 both had blatant puberty allegories for boys.

I'm sure there are others.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Teen Wolf and Spider-man 1 both had blatant puberty allegories for boys.

I'm sure there are others.

Those are both PG-13 movies. (TV show) 

• Like 1

Not surprised with the EEAAO estimate going up. Most theatres I looked at had really really small drops for it on Sunday, or even big increases. This thing has fan-fucking-tastic word of mouth. This is just the start of a really great run.

• Like 3

• Founder / Operator
Just now, DAJK said:

Not surprised with the EEAAO estimate going up. Most theatres I looked at had really really small drops for it on Sunday, or even big increases. This thing has fan-fucking-tastic word of mouth. This is just the start of a really great run.

There were two middle-aged ladies a few seats over from me laughing more and harder at this movie than I've heard the equivalent of 20 middle-aged dudes laughing at a Jackass movie. Such an incredibly joyous experience.

• Like 5
  • Astonished 1

4 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Some of the other Harry Potter films had a PG-rating as well, like the first three films for example. Philosopher’s/Sorcerer’s Stone, Chamber of Secrets & Prisoner of Azkaban were PG-rated like Half-Blood Prince. One half of the Potter films were PG and the other half was PG-13.

Imagine if all the Potter films were PG, instead of just the half of them.

Half-Blood Prince was rated the equivalent of PG-13 in all countries worldwide except the US for some weird reason.

10 hours ago, Kalo said:

God, you’re all prudes and puritans 

• Like 1