YM!

April 8th-10th Weekend Thread | $72m OW Sonic 2, biggest Paramount opener since 2014, $8.69m OW for AmbuLAnce, $6m+ for EEAAO

10 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Hearing $24-25M with previews included based on Friday matinee business. Possible (maybe likely) it could go up.

I praise Shawn, as not only the god of our forum but a number god as well. I’ll shall do anything in your honor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I praise Shawn, as not only the god of our forum but a number god as well. I’ll shall do anything in your honor.

Side note but whenever i read or hear Shawn/Shaun i think of this:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With a likely $65m+ opening, Sonic 2 should finish within the $180m-$200m range and should be the biggest Paramount opener since Mission Impossible: Fallout. Sonic is shaping up to be a nice franchise for Paramount. I wouldn’t be surprised if come the next few weeks Sonic 3 gets the 7/19/24 from the animated Transformers movie.

• Like 4

• Founder / Operator
13 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Need me some EEAOA numbers; send me to the universe where we have them already 

Same source said $1.9-2.0M for EEATT. I'm also expecting that to be a little conservative.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Same source said $1.9-2.0M for EEATA.

Thank you sir! That seems pretty solid for 1200 theaters imo 

EDIT: saw your edit; that’s very very exciting ahhhh (the movie totally rules for anyone who hasn’t seen it)

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 2

• Founder / Operator
34 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Side note but whenever i read or hear Shawn/Shaun i think of this:

I've never seen this but now feel spiritually tied to it.

• Haha 1

lot of dooming over the sonic numbers. even the worst-case scenario (something like 24 - 22 - 15 = 61m) would still beat sonic 1 numbers, with a high chance of becoming the biggest video game movie ever and the biggest family movie since frozen 2. it will be fiiine  

• Founder / Operator
40 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Hopefully @charlie Jatinder @RthBat @EmpireCity or others bring even better news later tonight.  I personally am going to drift off into Dayquil/Nyquil land to ward off the spirits of this godforsaken flu.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

• Founder / Operator
3 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

alright but how is the #morbiussweep going?

3ish Friday based on matinees. Different source, so take it for what you will. But ouch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5