YM!

April 8th-10th Weekend Thread | $72m OW Sonic 2, biggest Paramount opener since 2014, $8.69m OW for AmbuLAnce, $6m+ for EEAAO

1 minute ago, SupermanLego said:

Depends on how bad HBO max affects it.

I'm still quite confused on if they are releasing it on the 19th. I've been hearing speculation that they are pushing the date back, yet there is no clear answer.

• Like 1

My local theatre only has Sonic on one of its 8 screens. The early evening and matinee shows are pacing to sell out throughout the weekend. Nothing else is seeing any sales of note, even though Sonic is only on the third biggest auditorium. 

I'm really surprised that they couldn't find a way to get more matinee screenings in. This honestly may become a case where walks up choose to watch something else. It'll be interesting to keep an eye on something like Uncharted this weekend to see if it over performs at all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

98% audience score on RT after 500+ votes, isn't this showing that audience love S2?

I don’t think this was in question. The movie would have to be appalling for it to get a bad verified RT or cinemascore.

1 hour ago, Skim Beeble said:

I'm still quite confused on if they are releasing it on the 19th. I've been hearing speculation that they are pushing the date back, yet there is no clear answer.

They didn't. 

Is 100% confirmed here in Brazil, even if they delayed on US (which i highly doubt), there would be a 4K version online on the 19th anyway.

• Disbelief 1

Since this thread has gone a page with horny talk, I think you know what character I would suggest that would increase sequel prospects at the box office…. 

• Astonished 1

22 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Just realized we can't see our reputation points anymore. Is that just a glitch or did the site change how that all works?

Reputations still exist, but I think the point displays were just removed from the site update. I believe we can bring it back, though I don't really know the exact details. I'm sure @Water Bottle can probably figure it out

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Panda said:

I would like to officially come out and say that in light of conservative attack against Disney calling them groomers for LGBTQIA+ content I am now a Disney stan until further notice.

I must go where the culture winds take me. #MyPandaMyChoice

the enemy of your enemy is not your friend

• Like 2

Amy is the hottie I am looking for in a sequel. They need to bring her into the movies. But I guess they might save it for latter since they already have the perfect marketing hook for the 3rd one.

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Amy is the hottie I am looking for in a sequel. They need to bring her into the movies. But I guess they might save it for latter since they already have the perfect marketing hook for the 3rd one.

eh, they could squeeze her in there. She isn't a terribly complex character lol