Brainbug

Jurassic World Dominion OS Thread

21 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Great numbers from LA, SK being down probably has as much to do with the covid recovery then with the Local hit.  Looking at DS2 the opening wasn't inline with normal mcu movies, didn't see neary the normal sat jump (ofc it had bad/ mixed wom) still even with WoM taking in to account that where some bad jumps. NWH had no showtimes after 8pm (or 7pm) still ps seemed wearer than you normaly expect for the hype. 

At least from follwing the SK boxoffice over the past 5 years it doesn't feel in full force again (so that might also explain the weaker OW a bit).

Roundup is still doing fine. Should make 10m+(even 12m admits). I will make that comment when a movie with strong WOM is not holding well. Neither DS2 nor JWD fits that for now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Roundup is still doing fine. Should make 10m+(even 12m admits). I will make that comment when a movie with strong WOM is not holding well. Neither DS2 nor JWD fits that for now. 

True but NWH didn't hold great either, and it's WoM was good. Also SK total admission was still down a lot, I think this month might have (may) done more than the other 4 months combined.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 10:42 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

$50M seems about right. Main decline is coming in Korea.

JW:FK JW:D
Korea $32.97 $15.00
Hong Kong $5.44 $3.50
Italy $4.36 $4.00
Mexico $14.81 $14.00
Brazil $9.00 $4.00
Rest of LATAM $13.60 $9.00

$80.18 $49.50

Unadjusted for inflation and exchange rates. Will be around similar tho.

Why it did better than JW2 in Brazil according to DL? Local currency?

In the current session, Mexico, as noted above, set records. Also chomping on notable starts was Brazil with $4.4M, beating Fallen Kingdom (+24%), Maverick (+31%) and Venom 2 (+36%). This was Universal’s best pandemic opening in the market.

1 minute ago, Gavin Feng said:

In the current session, Mexico, as noted above, set records. Also chomping on notable starts was Brazil with $4.4M, beating Fallen Kingdom (+24%), Maverick (+31%) and Venom 2 (+36%). This was Universal’s best pandemic opening in the market.

Back during FK, Universal reported Brazil OW including a week of previews. Now they are comparing with FK weekend exluding those previews.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

What Charlie was counting was an entire week of early previews.

Edited by Alex SciChannel
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2022 at 8:12 AM, charlie Jatinder said:

$50M seems about right. Main decline is coming in Korea.

Korea $32.97 $15.00
Hong Kong $5.44 $3.50
Italy $4.36 $4.00
Mexico $14.81 $14.00
Brazil $9.00 $4.00
Rest of LATAM $13.60 $9.00

$80.18 $49.50

Unadjusted for inflation and exchange rates. Will be around similar tho.

Updated Estimates

Korea $32.97 $15.00
Hong Kong $5.44 $2.90
Italy $4.36 $3.45
Mexico $14.81 $18.00
Brazil $9.00 $4.30
Rest of LATAM $13.60 $11.80

$80.18 $55.45
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Updated Estimates

Korea $32.97 $15.00
Hong Kong $5.44 $2.90
Italy $4.36 $3.45
Mexico $14.81 $18.00
Brazil $9.00 $4.30
Rest of LATAM $13.60 $11.80

$80.18 $55.45

Again counting an entire week of Brazil as 1 weekend 😒

On 6/7/2022 at 7:43 AM, Bruce said:

Peru OW 350,000 spectators,2nd Biggest Opening of the year,behind only MOS

Man of Steel? or Multiverse of Madness(MOM)?

Anyway LA seems to be doing great. I think it will match FK. Europe looks like dropping 20-30% from FK. Asia also in the same bucket. Overall around 500m OS - C and 100m in China for 600M OS. Will probably need 400m domestic to hit 1B WW. Looks tough to me. 

9 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Man of Steel? or Multiverse of Madness(MOM)?

Anyway LA seems to be doing great. I think it will match FK. Europe looks like dropping 20-30% from FK. Asia also in the same bucket. Overall around 500m OS - C and 100m in China for 600M OS. Will probably need 400m domestic to hit 1B WW. Looks tough to me. 

MOM....I already edit it

Edited by Bruce

I dont know why she keeps comparing to NTTD. That did not do that well in china. Obviously in this COVID era its well below FK. I would rather quote @Olive or @Gavin Feng on how the movie is doing. They are there and have all the data to tell you how its doing. 1st important thing is Maoyan rating which we will get later this evening. That will tell the tale for sure. Maoyan is predicting 110m rmb OD and more than 1B rmb finish and so that is great considering circumstances.