Eric the Marxist

FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE SECRETS OF DUMBLEDORE WEEKEND THREAD | Read the first post for the rules

If we are talking about thngs other the the movie itseld not being any good effeecting box office, how about the8% inflation we are having in the US. That has got to be taking a bite out of many people's entertainment budget, and since many were on the fence on this film becuase they had issues with the last one, they deciced to give it a pass and save the money for films they really want to see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

These 4 weeks are doing worse than last October, when v2, nttd, Hk and dune open back-to-back. I am worried we have reached the plateau of recovery, when there is no mega opening in the mix. 

One interesting trend we're seeing right now is that after a period where there's been films like Far From Home and The Batman have runs of being number 1 over several weekends, we're now at 5 consecutive weekends with 5 different films at number one. We're potentially going to see that stretch to 6 next week, and I'm really unsure on what we may see two weeks from now. If something wonky happens there, then the streak stretches to Dr Strange, and we settle in there for 3 weeks. 

While it's good that we have enough releases to have different films on top each weekend, almost all of these releases has had the potential to stay on top a second week if it was just better received (exception being Morbius, which could never top Sonic). 

7 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It's been 4 months since release. 120 days. So 2 and a half times every day. 720 hours. 30 cumulative days of his life watching. Not to mention getting to and from the theater as well.

Yeesh, I only seen it once and I can barely remember it 🌚

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, grim22 said:

It's been 4 months since release. 120 days. So 2 and a half times every day. 720 hours. 30 cumulative days of his life watching. Not to mention getting to and from the theater as well.

I guess he liked the movie.

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

I am actually a little cautious about TG2; not sure this is the right time for a film that, let's face it, glorifies war.

I think people will come out to see the kind of whoop ass USA can give the russians if they really tried. Plus the dogfighting:

Xbox Series X Sideways Gang! - Gaming - XboxEra 

2 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

These 4 weeks are doing worse than last October, when v2, nttd, Hk and dune open back-to-back. I am worried we have reached the plateau of recovery, when there is no mega opening in the mix. 

Lol at this as well.  You mean to tell me that Morbius (terrible reviews), Ambulance (mediocre reviews, mid-budget Michael Bay), Sonic 2 (great opening kids film) and the 3rd sequel in a series that has had trouble from the start can't stack up to Venom 2, James Bond, Michael Myers and 10 Oscar nominated Dune?  No wai!

Spoiler alert: we haven't reached the plateau of recovery.  Not even close.  

• Like 5

Can't imagine a scenario where top gun fails atm, the ultimate dad movie right there.

Side note, now that I know Milka chocolate bunnies exist I feel its a disgrace that they aren't available in the UK. Yes I know its irrelevant but God damn it I need to vent 😭

16 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

giphy.gif

Can't a man be depressed anymore? It is not like real depression, I am just sad about the state of things. I am not attacking anyone. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Can't imagine a scenario where top gun fails atm, the ultimate dad movie right there.

Side note, now that I know Milka chocolate bunnies exist I feel its a disgrace that they aren't available in the UK. Yes I know its irrelevant but God damn it I need to vent 😭

Come to Portugal, we have them.

The top 5 IP's that guarantee 100m OW...

MCU
Jurassic World
Batman
Minions?

Top 5 IP's that need to recover..

Harry Potter
Star Wars/Pixar
DCEU
Fast & Furious
Transformers

Edited by grey ghost

42 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Lol at this as well.  You mean to tell me that Morbius (terrible reviews), Ambulance (mediocre reviews, mid-budget Michael Bay), Sonic 2 (great opening kids film) and the 3rd sequel in a series that has had trouble from the start can't stack up to Venom 2, James Bond, Michael Myers and 10 Oscar nominated Dune?  No wai!

Spoiler alert: we haven't reached the plateau of recovery.  Not even close.  

Things are not going back to the way they were before Covid.  It accelrated a move by many people toward streaming that is permanent.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Went to see Sonic 2, very cute. A step up from the last film. 

They need an interesting female character next time though. 

Amy Rose or Rogue The Bat. 

Anyways at the theater for Everything Everywhere All At Once and these posters for League of Super Pets have taglines like “He Doesn’t Take Sit From Anyone” and “They Call Him Bark Kent” and I feel such an intense illness in my stomach for it. So that means a 40m/135m run.

• Haha 2