Eric the Marxist

Venom: The Last Dance | October 25, 2024

7 hours ago, thajdikt said:

What do you think of it chances of a big run? Kinda interesting with a movie that made so much and then the sequel wasn´t  released at all. 

50/50. I think the concern is more about its quality than the absence of previous movie. As long as Eddie and Venom are funny, it's not hard to try somewhere around $100M. Aquaman 2 should be the bottom line ($65M).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

I don't think presales will matter that much for this movie. Venom 2 absolutely exploded to $90M at the end with insanely good walk ups

I doubt this does that much, feels like a non-event. Carnage and NWH hype carried the last one. I think 70m-75m OW is more realistic. 

That said with China this time it won’t drop too much from the previous one WW.

3 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

I doubt this does that much, feels like a non-event. Carnage and NWH hype carried the last one. I think 70m-75m OW is more realistic. 

That said with China this time it won’t drop too much from the previous one WW.

No COVID makes up for that and then some. $100M+ OW is happening.

12 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

No COVID makes up for that and then some. $100M+ OW is happening.

COVID doesn’t guarantee an increase. Ask Halloween Ends, or Fast X. Also, the new Quiet place and Ghostbusters decreased in total compared to their COVID predecessors.

The big increases of Dune and GxK were, in part, due to the originals being streaming hybrid and the sequels of being theater exclusive. Venom 2 was theater exclusive.

Edited by Bob Train
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, toutvabien said:

Whole Venom trilogy and no Shang-Chi 2... man.

At least I'm happy for a blockbuster queer franchise. Your move, Gunn and Feige.

Shang-Chi came out when the 2nd Venom came out.

Not to mention Venom is a 10x more popular character. Not to also mention that Sony has a lot less going on and what they have is 10x smaller than Venom. So obviously, this is a priority for them.

Edited by justnumbers