titanic2187

Top Gun: Maverick | Oscar-wining Billionaire | $1.48bn without China!

1 hour ago, Bruce said:

Marvick got decent drop in New Zealand,it got $380k on its 7th Weekend(biggest 7th weekend during covid era),It's already beating NWH become Highest grossing film during Covid era and 10th highest grossing film of all-time.

In Australia too by end of its run will cross EG for a 3rd spot in all time list! 85m....best performing market 

• Like 1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2022 at 10:03 PM, The Dark Alfred said:

Yes, Oz and NZ absolutely phenomenal. That without any local star involvement. Same for UK, it's going to beat every single Harry Potter there, mindblowing. Let's not right off Japan and SK bulding super massive legs either. US better hit 700m at this point.

The only appropriate adjective here is absolutely insane, when I predicted 700/800M dollars (one week before the release) I thought I was exaggerating and instead this is going to gross more than 1.35 billion...

4 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

INT winning is locked for some time now. 

Where do you think TGM ends up overall.  I keep thinking over 1.35b.   However, projecting the international numbers is not my strong point.  But if it ends up higher than domestic which is now happening then that should put it more around the 1.375-1.4b range.  Am I thinking correctly here? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DC Rich said:

Where do you think TGM ends up overall.  I keep thinking over 1.35b.   However, projecting the international numbers is not my strong point.  But if it ends up higher than domestic which is now happening then that should put it more around the 1.375-1.4b range.  Am I thinking correctly here? 

Thinking $700-725M INT for now & $660-680M DOM.

• Thanks 1

It will hit 700m both domestic and OS. I agree with a 715-720m international tally. Domestically 680m is literally means 700m lol as Paramount will re-release it to get it over the line. 

My final prediction atm:

705m domestic/716m OS/1.42 billion (This has nothing to do with the original Top Gun getting released on May 16 😁)

• Astonished 1

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Domestic TGM will cross Incredibles 2 today for 11th spot in all time list and International will cross IM3 for a 21st spot with just 6m ww gross needed to do that and by end of weekend F8 will be done as will need a WW gross of 28M today to enter Top 20 WW.

• Like 4

I just updated the thread about the highest grossing movies excluding China (link), and I think many users might find it interesting. At the moment the film is 22nd in the list highest-grossing films of all time and is expected to finish in 13th place, while excluding China it's currently in 15th place and will even manage to finish in the top 10!

Edited by MG10

2 minutes ago, MG10 said:

I just updated the thread about the highest grossing movies excluding China (link), and I think many users might find it interesting. At the moment the film is 22nd in the list highest-grossing films of all time and is expected to finish in 13th place, while excluding China it's currently in 15th place and will even manage to finish in the top 10!

That's impressive but how much would it have made in c+r.

20 minutes ago, Doffy said:

That's impressive but how much would it have made in c+r.

Who knows, in China it probably would have been banned even if it had been released in 2019 and it's difficult to make predictions, Russia on the other hand don't have problems with releasing American "militarist" movies, but for example Mission Impossible: Fallout made less than 10M so maybe Tom Cruise isn't really popular there?